• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Combined Vaccination - anyone's bun had reaction?

bunny babe

Wise Old Thumper
Was not sure whether to put this in chat or health.

My friend's bunnies had their first combined vac a couple of weeks ago and one of them stopped eating/pooping a couple of days ago. All meds etc were given and treated for GI statis and she was admitted yesterday for intensive care/fluids but unfortunatley she passed away. Another of her bunnies also has stopped eating and is being treated with meds/sub cut fluids.

Her bunny is having a PM this morning to try to establish cause but all other bunnies are on abx for cocci (as she started to pass some white mucus the night before she passed)

Just trying to see if there are any "patterns", of course it may be totally unrelated but it is always these questions that go through our heads if something different has been given.

Doughnut's had the combi one twice now and I've found it brilliant, no side effects at all. With the single ones she used to be quiet for a day.

I would say it's more likely to be EC than the injection but hopefully the PM will shed some light on it.

Levi and Daisy had the combi at 9 weeks and were absolutely fine. No side effects whatsoever.

Pooka showed signs of myxo, but given that there was an outbreak at the time we think it could have been that she caught it from a bug ( despite all doors and windows being shut, but she had to be outside to go the vets). The symptoms she showed were the nodules, but they were bigger than what the manufacturers had previously seen as side effects. However, she was 100% fine in herself, no GI issues or bowel problems.

My 8 have all had the combined vaccination, some of them twice, no reaction from any of them.

I had 4 rabbits done with the combined vaccine 2 weeks ago - all are fine - no reactions or side effects. They have all been done with separate vaccines previously.

6 of mine have had the combined vaccination this year, some of them have had the vaccine last year too none have had any reaction.one is going tomorrow for his which will be the second year he has had the combined

Mine seemed to come up with red eyelids after theirs but soon went down by night time I think. I stupidly didn't write which buns, how long after the jab and until when though to feedback to vets/on here. I think two out of my three buns had their eyes come up though.

Thanks for all your replies.

The PM revealed that things stopped working. There were no lesions or sign of cocci. The only thing was some impacted food in her tum (3 vets had checked her and not felt any blockages). :cry:

I need to get Niles vaccinated, but I am terrified that he will have a reaction to it! Obviously the Vet will only do it if he thinks it is safe to do so, but I can't stop worrying. There's like a lump in my stomach every time I think about it! After losing Frasier, I just don't trust my gut with the bunnies any more! I feel like I did something wrong & that's why Frasier passed.. And if I make any changes now - like vaccinating (he's never been vaccinated before.. We didn't have a rabbit-savvy vet until Frasier got sick, so assumed that as they were indoor bunnies that they'd be fine!), he'd get sick & I'd lose him too :'(

Back