• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny flops

moonturtle

Warren Scout
Another question about Bojangles. I have seen videos of rabbits bunny flopping after a bout of running. Bo is not very active in general but when she lays beside me, she will flop and almost roll over. Is this normal and does it mean happiness?

Yep it's usually a sign of contentment :) when my willow does it,he shocks himself :lol: and looks at me as if o say "did you do that" :lol:

I always associate flopping with happiness, also if rabbits lie flat out with their feet out, I also think that means they are very relaxed around you, as it is harder to get up from that position if they see a predator. There again flat out can also mean tummy ache if they are pushing their stomach to the floor, but you should learn the difference.

I normally put her up on the bed with me (especially when we are going to Skype with "grandma" and "grandpa," they like to see her as well as me.) When we are waiting for them, we will surf the net. Normally, I will be laying on my stomach with the laptop in front of me. Bo will lay beside me, cleaning herself, or just chilling. I will pet her and she will then either "groom" me, flop beside me (where she almost rolls over a lot of times,) or start running around like a wild woman. I am constantly worried about her happiness. Bojangles is not a real active bunny, she does not play a lot like a lot of other rabbits. But, she does binky, and sometimes her binkies are quite high :shock:, and she flops by me a lot.

Back