• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

bunny refused food... help! Update... panic over

moi

Mama Doe
I have an appointment at the vets this afternoon. He normally runs up for pellets but he refused and looked like he couldn't get comfy :( x

Last edited:
If he's not eating now, he needs a vet this morning, not this afternoon if at all possible.

A rabbit refusing food is already fairly ill.

I agree with Gray, is he moving around? Has he eaten anything? Can you tempt him with something very yummy? Has he pooped or peed since becoming ill?

Lots of vibes xxx

Could you try and tempt him with something tastier until your vet appointment? Favourite treats, veg, herbs? When mine habe been ill in the past it's always been the strong stuff that's persuaded them, e.g. rocket, basil, parsley.

Hope he is ok.

I tried him with his faves but no joy. I couldn't get the time off work to go this morning (but that's a different story...grrrrr) he was moving around but looked uncomfortable with pushing his tum to the ground and fidgeting. Been worried sick at work :(

Panic over! When I went to get Bunny in his carrier I put some food down and he ate the lot and was runnign around like a loon! We went to vets anyhow and he gave him a good check up and said to keep a close eye on him and if it happened again to go back x

Back