• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Clever Rabbits

Flowerlady

Young Bun
My buns are mini lops and too small to get up on the sofa by themselves, tonight being lazy I dumped my work laptop bag next to the sofa, let the buns out of their pen and then went to take my coat off, when I came back in the living room and there they were sitting on the sofa waiting on me. The had figured out the could use my bag as a ramp in about 5 mins, rabbits never cease to amaze me.
Does anyone else have ingenious rabbits?

Humphrey thinks he's part mountain goat so he's convinced he can climb up anything.. No laptop bags needed :lol:

Aww cute. Levi in particular is a jumper/climber. Clare commented on how much he likes to jump up onto things to sit and look out when they went to stay so I'm guessing he does it more than most. I have to be extra vigilant when I take the top off their run because I don't trust him not to jump straight out when I'm not looking!

:lol: Stu has found he can reach the leaves on the tree better from the bench that sits under it :roll:

Pooka is wonderfully well behaved in her puppy pen. Until she decides you aren't feeding her fast enough. Then she scales the sides like a ladder :roll:

My buns are mini lops and too small to get up on the sofa by themselves, tonight being lazy I dumped my work laptop bag next to the sofa, let the buns out of their pen and then went to take my coat off, when I came back in the living room and there they were sitting on the sofa waiting on me. The had figured out the could use my bag as a ramp in about 5 mins, rabbits never cease to amaze me.
Does anyone else have ingenious rabbits?

Do you have a really high sofa? Jaffa (mini lop) and Ren (nethie) can both jump on mine. And Ren terrified me the first time she jumped right off the back!

Luckily they don't seem terribly ingenious in other ways.

I put a carpet square against the small hutch in their run once, Imogen used it as a ramp I'm still not sure how she did that without it collapsing!

Humphrey thinks he's part mountain goat so he's convinced he can climb up anything.. No laptop bags needed :lol:

Bella is the same! She's always trying to jump & climb up things...not sure that makes her clever though, rather the opposite I'd imagine :lol: She figures stuff out really quickly though. You can tell she's not a complete idiot :lol:

Bella is the same! She's always trying to jump & climb up things...not sure that makes her clever though, rather the opposite I'd imagine :lol: She figures stuff out really quickly though. You can tell she's not a complete idiot :lol:

Jaffa tried to jump onto a two inch wide windowsill once, (idiot) but only once (learns from mistakes)!

I have a bunny proof garden...... or so I thought! Yesterday Slipper was outside playing whilst I cleaned her cage out and when I next checked on her, she was gone :shock: Turns out she jumped over next door's fence and somehow missed the spikes as they have a gap between the fence and some pointy railing things so she luckily fell down that gap (it's quite a drop for a bunny :shock:) Then she got out of their garden and had a hop round our block with me and my lovely neighbour who came to help, trying to catch her. I struggle to retrieve her from the enclosed garden as the best of time as she's very fast and really hates being picked up, she's got quite a kick on her too :shock: So I'm just thankful we caught her and eternally grateful to my neighbour for helping me especially as she caught her when we managed to get her in the middle of us. Slipper is now firmly under lock and key indoors until I figure out what to do about her jumping the fence.

I have a bunny proof garden...... or so I thought! Yesterday Slipper was outside playing whilst I cleaned her cage out and when I next checked on her, she was gone :shock: Turns out she jumped over next door's fence and somehow missed the spikes as they have a gap between the fence and some pointy railing things so she luckily fell down that gap (it's quite a drop for a bunny :shock:) Then she got out of their garden and had a hop round our block with me and my lovely neighbour who came to help, trying to catch her. I struggle to retrieve her from the enclosed garden as the best of time as she's very fast and really hates being picked up, she's got quite a kick on her too :shock: So I'm just thankful we caught her and eternally grateful to my neighbour for helping me especially as she caught her when we managed to get her in the middle of us. Slipper is now firmly under lock and key indoors until I figure out what to do about her jumping the fence.

Sounds like quite an adventure :shock:

Jaffa tried to jump onto a two inch wide windowsill once, (idiot) but only once (learns from mistakes)!

When we first got Cloud and Bilbo Cloud did a huge uncontrolled binky and threw himself over the cage at the window ledge and fell down the gap. We managed to get him out but were torn between panic and uncontrollable laughing at the sheer shock on his little face!

Sounds like quite an adventure :shock:

Yep, pure blind panic when I saw the empty garden, thinking i'm never going to see her again, especially as my back garden backs onto a wood so i wouldn't stand a chance if she got in there. I thought she'd be in the neighbours garden, but when we checked and she wasn't, I really did worry then. Fortunately she spotted her and then I calmed down as I knew I wasn't going to let her go even if I had to rugby tackle her or something. I'd rather temporarily frighten her or hurt her feelings with an undignified capture than let her go and live wild in the woods.

When we first got Cloud and Bilbo Cloud did a huge uncontrolled binky and threw himself over the cage at the window ledge and fell down the gap. We managed to get him out but were torn between panic and uncontrollable laughing at the sheer shock on his little face!

When Slipper first went in the garden, she tried to jump into a big wooden square thing the previous people had left, but missed, and like you I was half worried she'd hurt herself and told my OH for laughing and half laughing myself. I really should have named her jumper or spring or something like that lol

Back