• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

few cool thundercloud pics

William

Wise Old Thumper
yesterday afternoon we had a large thunderstorm pass over us and it was cool the way it seemed to be like a sheet slowly covering up the blue of the sky and with the sun setting.

Started out with a wide strip of blue sky left

IMG_0766 by dylanduck14, on Flickr

Got skinnier

IMG_0768 by dylanduck14, on Flickr

And skinnier

IMG_0772 by dylanduck14, on Flickr

The sun close up. Kinda looks like the moon with the clouds around it:lol:

IMG_0769 by dylanduck14, on Flickr

We've been getting a lot of thunderstorms with bad lightning lately but none with such a cool cloud formation. We just had another bad thunderstorm a few minutes ago and my dad's computer speakers got hit, one of the few things we didn't unplug. We're lucky, my mom was on the porch at the time and saw the lightning go right by! Her hearing is messed up even (temp. I reckon!) because it was so loud! And then a few days ago we thought lightning hit the tv, it was just like this time with a blue streak of lightning right outside the house and super loud thunder, but luckily it didn't. Plus a few weeks ago my neighbor's pine tree was hit.

Back