• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Neutering - should both bunnies go?

Sweetie

Mama Doe
Hi Everyone

I am taking Wotsit to be neutered soon. He is in a bonded pair with his sister Skip (she is spayed) and I was just wondering whether vets allowed both bunnies from a pair to go in if only one was being treated/operated on? I have only ever taken the one bunny before (apart from for the vaccs or for a post op check) and most of the time there were awkward moments when I brought them home and put them back together but with these two being so new to me, and also being relatively young (only 5months) I'm not sure what the best course of action is?

Thanks guys!

Definitely, yes! She'll help him not to feel so scared and they'll both pick up the 'vet' smell, so there won't be any falling outs over him smelling strange.

Yes. I agree. Take 'em both. They can comfort each other. I always take both along. Mottle had to have his teeth checked so his doe, Peaches came along too.

Back