• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Embarressing moments with pets

thumps_

Wise Old Thumper
I can't be the only one who has them. I could keep totally quiet but can't help chuckling at myself.
Benjie le bun bun is in major moult again (does he ever stop?) As stroking changes to gentle plucking I was reminded of when I was giving him his nebuliser on my knee, & concentrating on the front end. I felt a bit of a tangle at the back & was trying to loosen it eventually thinking "Grief thats too big for me to sort out, we'll need a vet to cut it out!" When I looked I'd only grabbed hold of his tail :shock::oops: & the poor little fella just let me tease away at it - didn't bat an eyelid.:love:

So what have you all done then?

Poor Benji, just as well he is so attached to his tail.

My most common one is standing at the front door shouting Pippin in from the garden. I think he's hiding behind the car so get louder and more insistent as time goes on. Then one of the kids says, 'Mum look at your feet' and sitting looking expectantly is poor Pippin wondering why he's being called a little Shiht- zu

I was at the vets and put Buster in his carrier on the table to pay, must not have put him far enough back he must have jumped forwards and the carrier fel off the table! He was fine but I looked like the worst pet owner ever! :oops:

I've had Milly climb down my top in the emergency vets and show the (male) vet my very lacey bra. Oh he remembered me after that too...

my favourite one that's happened is when I first got George and was sat having a cuddle with him one day and was in smart clothes as I had been to an interview in the morning and had another in the evening and decided to feed him some treats off my hand, a few minutes later I felt something on my leg, turns out the little monkey had pooed on me :lol:

I've done something like that before, except I thought it was a tic or more or flea or something.... And I was actually tugging on his nipple :shock: with my fingernails :shock: cue one seriously peed off bunny!!!

Lilly tries too embarrass me at the vets, she chews on clothes as a comfort thing (she does it when being carried, she tolerates being carrier and can be carried for ages if she has a good item of clothing to chew on) and I'd put my brand new jacket on the floor in the room and the vet and I were tending to Harvey whilst she ran around the floor I turned around to find her making a hole in my jacket :roll:

Next vet visit the vet says "did I give these two their injections?" And I was honest and said I couldn't remember for definite. Again we were tending to Harvey and I turn around and swear at the little :censored: who is again chewing a relatively new jacket, the vet then exclaims "I did give them their injections!!! She's the one who made a nice new hole in your new jacket! And she's done it again!"

Well done Lilly... Haberdashery skills and you know how to make yourself known :roll:

When they got admitted the vets said she was funny too, they set a pen up for them on the floor and Lilly would lay belly up with no dignity all the time :roll: multiple people told me about her antics whilst there!

It was at the emergency vet so more than likely after 1am with Lola, and she is a nervy bun so I was repeatedly stroking her as the vet was holding her on the table and checking her over. Only I wasn't repeatedly stroking Lola, it was the vets arm :shock::oops: she never said anything but she probably thought what a weirdo I was!! I blame my nerves for not noticing sooner :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: Thank you so much for sharing your stories everyone. I've had a good laugh, & I hope that others have enjoyed themselves too.
Thank you.

Walking down my street with Jenna the first year she was with us, a neighbor was walking her Samoyed towards us and Jenna is not happy with other dogs...she was growling and struggling in my arms (decided not to chance walking her past the other dog) and as the girl got closer with her mutt Jenna lost her bladder all over me. :(
I had at least a block to go before I could get home and bathe. Didn't get upset with her, she couldn't help it. I'm glad to say she does much better these days. :)

Since Mimzy's head tilt, he regularly wees all over anyone who picks him up now. I know it's coming and each time I don't think of it so there's been some very wet exam tables (and floors) at my vet's office. :roll:

When my friends dog casually wandered into the living room with my battery operated rabbit in his mouth :oops:

It was at the emergency vet so more than likely after 1am with Lola, and she is a nervy bun so I was repeatedly stroking her as the vet was holding her on the table and checking her over. Only I wasn't repeatedly stroking Lola, it was the vets arm :shock::oops: she never said anything but she probably thought what a weirdo I was!! I blame my nerves for not noticing sooner :lol:

These 2 just made me laugh SO much :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

My worst one was fairly recently with Tilly, shes a tiny puppy anyway and hadnt had all her injections yet so I was having to carry her....I switched her to one hand so I could pay, and she fell head first onto the receptionists desk....omg the receptionist screamed, everyone looked round, Tilly was absolutely fine but my heart was racing!!!

Estelle emptied her full bladder right onto the vet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bailey did this on my father in law! :oops:

Also I once took a male hamster to the vets becuase I thought his plums were swollen - I'd only ever had girls before who knew they are totally disproportionate to their bodies! :shock:

You've all been so lovely sharing. Who'd be a vet with our pet's unerring aim? :lol:

My worst was when Benjie went suddenly badly hormonal over a w/e. He was totally besotted with me. Yep, he peed my bed when ever he got the slightest chance & I ran out of duvet covers & sheets, even resorting to inco pads. The house stank of vinegar trying to remove the stains.

So my care co ordinator visited, (whatever her job was?) & saw the festooned washing line. For once she was lost for words. "Erm Judy, do you have a wee wee problem?" "Nope" Then I realised what she was referring to, & added "It's Benjie -he's gone hormonal". Her expression of disbelief needed to be seen - my heart sank. These people seemed to rely totally on their observation & their own interpretation of events.

Oh Benjie boy, you'll get me referred to psychogeriatrics yet!:lol::lol:

years ago my dog, Nimbus cocked his leg and wee'd on a man sunbathing in the local park:oops:
i hid the lead and pretended not to know the dog!

When I was about 17, I bought a boyfriend home. We had a beagle at the time. A beagle who...well, cleared up after herself and thought she was a rabbit. Was regularly seen eating her own (and others) poo. She wasn't fussy.

Unfortunately, the boyfriend got her a little "whipped up" playing with her. So she was sick. On his flip flops. As if that wasn't bad enough, we all knew WHAT had been sicked up.

Funny thing. Didn't see much of him after that. :lol::lol::lol:

Though I do have a labrador now, who had a liking for socks and pants as a puppy. He thew up a pair of my knickers at my (now best friends) feet. Was mortified as the label clearly stated the size and the fact that they were part of a 3 part set :)

years ago my dog, Nimbus cocked his leg and wee'd on a man sunbathing in the local park:oops:
i hid the lead and pretended not to know the dog!

Teehee, Nimbus obviously thought he deserved it.

When Pooka was young she had less control over her bladder obviously. She weed down my boyfriends mum. Made me smile :lol:

The most embarrassing had to be when our staffy got out the back garden. We didn't know he had been working a hole open behind a massive tree, and he's such a dope one day he wandered off completely. It was only me and my little brother home, and he had been in the back for 5 minutes, popped behind the tree and vanished. His recall was fine in smaller spaces, but nice he got an idea in his head he went deaf, so calling him didn't help. We ended up going round the back field etc but still couldn't find him and were in a huge panic. Put a note in the newsagents, and decided we'd go through the streets past the field. As we were walking along towards the local wildlife park there was a guy with a dog on a rope, I called out Max and naturally doggy goes all daft and starts wagging his tail with his ears up. The guy was on his way to the newsagents, because he'd seen a group of lads offering the dog as a stud in the wildlife park -_- he told them it was his dog and he'd gotten out and that's how he got him off them, since they didn't have a lead or anything. I was nearly in tears I was about 15, and this guy was hitting on me too, felt a right fool.

Had to take my daft boy out on a lead to go the toilet that day :roll:

Teehee, Nimbus obviously thought he deserved it.

When Pooka was young she had less control over her bladder obviously. She weed down my boyfriends mum. Made me smile :lol:

The most embarrassing had to be when our staffy got out the back garden. We didn't know he had been working a hole open behind a massive tree, and he's such a dope one day he wandered off completely. It was only me and my little brother home, and he had been in the back for 5 minutes, popped behind the tree and vanished. His recall was fine in smaller spaces, but nice he got an idea in his head he went deaf, so calling him didn't help. We ended up going round the back field etc but still couldn't find him and were in a huge panic. Put a note in the newsagents, and decided we'd go through the streets past the field. As we were walking along towards the local wildlife park there was a guy with a dog on a rope, I called out Max and naturally doggy goes all daft and starts wagging his tail with his ears up. The guy was on his way to the newsagents, because he'd seen a group of lads offering the dog as a stud in the wildlife park -_- he told them it was his dog and he'd gotten out and that's how he got him off them, since they didn't have a lead or anything. I was nearly in tears I was about 15, and this guy was hitting on me too, felt a right fool.

Had to take my daft boy out on a lead to go the toilet that day :roll:

Nimbus was a staffy!

Nimbus was a staffy!

They are such daft so and so's xD but lovely and affectionate, can never see how people would find them scary. Grown men used to cross the road to get away from our Max! The same dog that would sit on my chest and lick me to death, or thought he was still a puppy and would run and jump onto my lap!

Back