• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just found Teddy eating some cooking apple...

martlou

Warren Veteran
Just gone into kitchen and found Ted eating some Bramley apple, not loads, if it was 3 dimensional, I'd say a piece about a square cm or maybe a bit more. So stupid of me to leave the bag on the floor :cry: He's tucking into some hay now, but if humans ate raw cooking apple they'd most likely get a bad tummy ache. Is this the same for rabbits? Is my thoughtlessness going to make him ill? :cry::cry::cry: Obviously we'll keep an eye on him but do we need to be particularly concerned? (they're organic from my mum's tree so no pesticide or anything).

Thanks for any help.

I think you'll find he'll be absolutely fine. Cooking apples don't give you a tummy ache but they're pretty sharp which is why they're used for cooking rather than as an eating apple. Mine eat unripe windfalls and they're fine.

I eat raw cooking apples, they just taste more bitter I guess it is? They don't make you ill, Teddy will be fine!

I agree with Mackers and Steph!
Also it was a very small amount that he ate, so I'd just keep an eye on him.
x

Thanks everybody, he's still tucking into his hay, I just thought if he got tummy ache he might not eat then we'd be into the cycle of stasis and we go away on Saturday so that really would be a nightmare. We'll keep a close eye on him though!

:wave: I'm sure he will be fine. If you're worried about him you could maybe just give him hay only till tomorrow but I'm sure he won't suffer any ill effects.

Just a quick update on this to say that Ted's fine, there were no ill effects from the apples. Thanks for all your reassuring words :D.

Back