• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How to prep for a long trip

LittleEskimo

Mama Doe
Next week we are heading up to London with the rabbits. Now, I haven't ever traveled a long way with the rabbits and it should add up to about a 4 hour trip (touch wood the traffic is good). Now what kind of things should I do to make sure their trip is comfortable as possible? Rosie doesn't do too well with car trips, so if anyone with rabbits that aren't great in cars has any tips that would be very useful. It's a big car so it should be pretty nice and smooth and not too loud.

hay filled pet carrier with watery fruit and veg to munch on.
No water bottle they drip with every bump in the road and you end up with soggy rabbits.
Put a towel over the front of the carrier and gentle music on the radio
If the rabbits are bonded then let them travel in the same carrier

No water bottle they drip with every bump in the road and you end up with soggy rabbits.

Thats interesting as I have always been told the opposite. Only hay no fruit and veg in case that combined with the stress of the journey causes gas :?

I love bunnies, there is never a simple answer :lol::lol:

Ah good idea with the towel.

I am mostly worried about Rosie and how such a lengthy car ride will affect her. In the times we have taken her to the vet she has sort of frozen/gone into a trance and began to drool slightly. I can only assume she isn't a fan of cars. Is there any way I can help with that? Take regular pit stops or something?

Back