• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I think he likes it..!

jemjabella

Mama Doe
Mentioned in another thread about Flymo not eating much hay. We weren't concerned because he has free range of the garden in the day and eats the grass, has fantastic poos ;) etc. Anyway, we'd been looking for hay cheaper/better than P@H stuff and found a local-ish farmer who sold us a bale for £4.50 at the weekend.

We'd moved it into the garden to try and break it down for the storage bin we have (prior to shed arriving!) and then went inside to eat/put the kids to bed. Came back out to:

hay-bale.jpg

I think it's got the Flymo seal of approval :lol:

(Also note that we've had to use mesh and gridding to stop him eating my strawberries and herbs .. figured that out after he ate my mint plant down to the root :shock:)

& another one for good measure, although he never keeps still!

on-the-move.jpg

I can't wait til he's got a friend to play/race around with :lol:

I'm determined to find farm bales near me I'm sick if spending a fortune on bagged hay!! Your rabbit is gorgeous and agree with above, very imaginative name :lol:

:lol:

He looks so pleased with himself - very kingly!

I love his name and he's such a gorgeous bunny - can't wait to see his new friend. Really hope it goes well.xx

:love:

My 2 new bales of hay are really nice but only 1 out of my 6 rabbits will eat baled hay. The rest is hay for pets :lol:

He seems to love it :thumb:

I hate to say this, but I wouldn't leave him running round the garden unsupervised, it can only take seconds for a predator to do its job :(

He seems to love it :thumb:

I hate to say this, but I wouldn't leave him running round the garden unsupervised, it can only take seconds for a predator to do its job :(

The only predator in my garden IS Flymo ... did you see what he's done to my grape vine in that photo?! :lol:

Seriously though, thank you for your concern :) We have a secure garden with mesh sunk into the ground in the relevant places to prevent a dig out. :oops: Our neighbours on both sides have secure gardens on their side too because they both have a dog, which has the added advantage of putting off cats. Our own cats only have access to an outdoor run and don't roam the garden.

The only predator likely to pose a real risk would be hawks or other large birds and as one of my neighbours keeps racing pigeons we'd know about this way before it became a problem for Flymo. He isn't left alone for hours at a time and he's put to bed as soon as it starts to get dark (assuming he doesn't take himself away before then).

Although it would be impossible for us to eliminate risk altogether, I feel the benefits to Flymo of having access to the garden more than compensates for the very small risk of something bad happening. While I recognise it's not a risk some people would take, it works for us at this time. :)

Back