• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Territorial?

Fellie

Warren Veteran
I know bunnies are very territorial about their space/hutches - but Holly and Sheldon have taken to having a good go at me if I climb into their hutch to give it a clean whilst they are in it...they box at my legs, and try and bite my ankles - they really don't like it. I have to let them out and then shut them out to do any cleaning these days.

Does anyone else's bunnies object to humans entering their hutch areas?

Molly is territorial in her hutch, especially when I close their door to their runaround pipe (and access to their run), as they are shut in at night. But overall, they are very good. As youngsters, I used to sit or lie in their run with them often, just reading a book and they used to climb on me and jump around, so are well used to me being in their territory.

When Spenser was an outdoor bunny I always put him in his run or in the conservatory while I cleaned the hutch. He is OK with me cleaning his indoor crate, but then he really considers the whole room his territory so I am only invading a small part of it!

Back