• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cardboard Castles - worth buying? u/d 27 Doughnut likes it!

cpayne

Warren Veteran
I was thinking of getting one for Doughnut but not sure if she would play with it. She has lots of stuff that she has no interest in and seems to prefer tunnels. Does anyone's bunny have the cardboard castle and do they go in it a lot or just chew it so you need another one!

Last edited:
We have one, I think we've had it since Christmas. They love it, the middle floor is wrecked now from chewing but they can still get to the top. They love peaking out the windows and over the top of the castle, it's really cute. They both used to like sitting in the middle floor too.
I think I'll probably get another one soon, it's been worth the money for my two. :)

I'm thinking Doughnut may like to tiddle in there but hopefully not.

Do you put anything in there or is it just for them to climb around in and then sleep in?

Molly loves her castle! :love: she sleeps on the top floor. She has remodelled it quite a bit, but she's had it four months now and it's still standing :wave:

The second floor collapsed under Truffles yesterday while she was *ahem* chewing it. Silly rabbit.
She likes to sleep under it, and chew it. She's never climbed in it other than to gain another chewing position. Neither of them have ever looked out of the windows, although perhaps they just aren't very cultural bunnies and don't like sightseeing.
TBH, once this one has completely collapsed we won't get another but we didn't expect it to last tooooo long anyway.

My willow much prefers free cardboard boxes from supermarket with holes cut in :lol: his castle was a five minute wonder! If your putting outside remember to get in before it rains :shock:

We put sticks and things on the different levels for them to chew. We also got those hanging toys you can get so they can go on the different levels to play/chew them.

We put sticks and things on the different levels for them to chew. We also got those hanging toys you can get so they can go on the different levels to play/chew them.

Ooh this sounds like a lot of bunny fun! I think I might buy a castle for my little Bunny Hop now and hide some toys inside :love:

I made Bojangles out of plain old cardboard boxes. She loves it. She is always going in and out of it, climbing on top of it, and chewing on it. The only thing I bought for it was her big plastic "igloo" at the end of it.

I make all mine (and the whistler pigs and hamster) cardboard boxes with holes in for playing in and chewing. Whistler pigs mostly just hide under theirs but everyone else chews happily away at them until they need to be replaced.

All my bunnies have always had a box house on the go at any one time. Just ask for an old box in the local supermarket and cut a couple of holes. :thumb:

Well she does love it but I've to cut it down to one level. She can get up stairs but can't get down so went up to the top level and then was too scared to jump through the hole to the next level down, had to take a side off and rescue her.

Since then she's gone to the first level and jumps out the window, won't go down the hole. So I've cut it down to a one level castle and made the window a bit larger with a vet bed underneath the window as her mattress to fall on. She's also decided she loves digging in it and ripping the cardboard off the inside, so not sure how long it will now last. Put hay in it to distract her from cardboard stripping.

Are they better than home made ones? Seems a lot to pay for a huge cardboard box unless they are awesomely strong.

They are pretty stong.My Harriet aka Distructabun took some time to make hers unstable.She liked to make her own alterations on it making all the windows much bigger and would leap out of the top floor window onto a bed of hay!She loved it,her husbun just slept underneath it!

Back