• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Petplan rabbit insurance info

sillyrabbit

Wise Old Thumper
I got out their insurance details the other day when I thought I might have to take Scar into the emergency vet and realised I have nothing that tells me exactly what illnesses/injuries they are covered for. Anyone know where I can find this info? I can't see it on their website :oops: with my cat insurance from them I have details of what is and isn't covered that I keep with the insurance documents :? Kind of wanna do the same with my buns docs so I know I have it all there in one place if I ever need to refer to it

When I had petplan, the only thing not covered was issues that had occurred prior to me taking out the insurance & age related stuff. I would just give them a ring & ask them to send it:D

I somehow think teeth burring are not covered either, My two also were not covered for ear mites which required ongoing treatment,,,,I may be wrong,,,

Anything that's not specifically excluded will be included, as long as it's medically necessary in the vet's opinion.

According to my phone call yesterday when I agreed to take out their insurance they cover all but pre existing conditions. Both Thor and poppy have already had upper respiratory tract infections but Thor is covered for them as he has been clear for over six months and they are only excluded on Poppy's policy for a few more months until she has also been clear for 6 months! :p

They also cover dentals but only because mine have never had any and only if I take them for a yearly dental exam... I can do that :D :thumb:

Last edited:
Ok cool, just thought I was missing it that's all because I seem to have loads of stuff relating to the cat insurance and like just one doc each for the rabbits. Maybe I will give them a ring and ask just so I know for sure, I'm actually taking her to the vets now today so I might need to know anyways :(

Last edited:
Anything that's not specifically excluded will be included, as long as it's medically necessary in the vet's opinion.

:thumb:
Teeth are covered as long as not a pre-existing condition and that they are checked annually by vet.

if teeth have to be done for spurs etc and its down to another underlying condition that caused it, in some circumstances they will pay

you should have a little booklet with insurance forms full of info, though confusing at times

I'm with Petplan as well and they have paid for Ash's teeth to be trimmed twice because of her diagnosis (elongated molar roots) but the last time they paid a little note came with the cheque that said they wouldn't pay for any more.

They have paid for everything else though - removal of incisors, tooth abscess, episodes of GI stasis that were all caused by dental disease.

It's stated in their policy booklet here: http://www.petplan.co.uk/assets/pdf/PP_CFL_TCs.pdf

Back