• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone else's rabbits "go to bed"?

*Funny*Bunny*

Warren Veteran
My two free range in my living room but have a 3 story hutch, during the day they never use the third story though. At night I say good night, give them both a kiss, turn the light off and go upstairs. Invariably I forget something and have to pop back downstairs though. It doesn't matter what time I go to bed, 10pm or 2am, they always stay sprawled out somewhere in the living room or play until I go to bed, and then without exception when I pop back down they're always in the third story asleep!!! Today I popped back less than 30seconds after leaving and they were already both on the way up! If I get up early in the morning that's where I find them and if I ever go down for a glass of water in the middle of the night that's where I find them :shock: (I'm sure they must play at some point during the night though! If not I have the laziest rabbits in the world....)

They are genuinely putting themselves to bed!! They only use that floor at night, and will only take them selves up to their bedroom when I've gone to bed!! Are they strange rabbits or do other rabbits "go to bed" too?! They put on their best grumpy faces if I ever wake them up when they're on the third floor :lol:

:lol: That's brilliant.

My two make a racket until I go to bed. I top their hay up before getting into bed and reading. They will eat for about half an hour, then come and jump on the bed pestering me for nose rubs, then they will jump down, and flop out on their vet bed/towel after having a grooming session. They get up again to have some more hay but at about 2am they go to sleep and stay asleep all night. :lol:

If I'm not up by 10am, they wake me up by jumping on me and shoving their fluffy little faces in my face. :lol:

:lol: That's brilliant.

My two make a racket until I go to bed. I top their hay up before getting into bed and reading. They will eat for about half an hour, then come and jump on the bed pestering me for nose rubs, then they will jump down, and flop out on their vet bed/towel after having a grooming session. They get up again to have some more hay but at about 2am they go to sleep and stay asleep all night. :lol:

If I'm not up by 10am, they wake me up by jumping on me and shoving their fluffy little faces in my face. :lol:

:lol: my two can't tell me off for having a lie in because they can't get to my room :p I got angry faces this morning when I turned up downstairs at 6am though (I've been going down between 830 and 11am the last 2 weeks!!) I wonder if my two are getting annoyed at my inconsistency of my bedtime and waking time, I used to be able to set a clock by their daily waking and sleeping hours, now they seem to copy me! I don't think my two are up too much during the night just because not much hay goes over night, although I tend to find new holes in the cushions most mornings (and I know exactly which naughty bunny it is too because she does it when I'm there and turns it into a game: Lilly chews cushion, I pull cushion away, Lilly binkies, Lilly waits until I've put cushion back, Lilly chews cushion....... :roll:)

I'm glad mine aren't the only two who appear to sleep most of the night :p maybe house rabbits are just so pampered they feel it's acceptable to be lazy all night :p

:lol: my two can't tell me off for having a lie in because they can't get to my room :p I got angry faces this morning when I turned up downstairs at 6am though (I've been going down between 830 and 11am the last 2 weeks!!) I wonder if my two are getting annoyed at my inconsistency of my bedtime and waking time, I used to be able to set a clock by their daily waking and sleeping hours, now they seem to copy me! I don't think my two are up too much during the night just because not much hay goes over night, although I tend to find new holes in the cushions most mornings (and I know exactly which naughty bunny it is too because she does it when I'm there and turns it into a game: Lilly chews cushion, I pull cushion away, Lilly binkies, Lilly waits until I've put cushion back, Lilly chews cushion....... :roll:)

I'm glad mine aren't the only two who appear to sleep most of the night :p maybe house rabbits are just so pampered they feel it's acceptable to be lazy all night :p

:lol: That sounds like a very fun game!

Fiver's game is to see how far down the stairs he can get before I shout at him to get back when I go to the loo during the night. :roll:

I thought it might be because generally animals will adjust their routines to coincide with us humans, but Shadowfax lives outside in a playhouse and she doesn't eat anything during the night! :shock: It worried me at first, but I think she has been so used to being shut in a small hutch with no hay and no food, that she doesn't realise she CAN do things at night. :cry: Fortunately, she seems to be getting slowly but surely used to the fact that she has food and toys to play with when she's alone.

ooh mine do this! usually they sleep on one of the lower levels during the night, but they always snooze on their top floor during the day.

:lol: That sounds like a very fun game!

Fiver's game is to see how far down the stairs he can get before I shout at him to get back when I go to the loo during the night. :roll:

I thought it might be because generally animals will adjust their routines to coincide with us humans, but Shadowfax lives outside in a playhouse and she doesn't eat anything during the night! :shock: It worried me at first, but I think she has been so used to being shut in a small hutch with no hay and no food, that she doesn't realise she CAN do things at night. :cry: Fortunately, she seems to be getting slowly but surely used to the fact that she has food and toys to play with when she's alone.

Awh poor Shadowfax :( she'll soon catch on that she can be naughty at all points of the day or night even if you're not there to watch :p

ooh mine do this! usually they sleep on one of the lower levels during the night, but they always snooze on their top floor during the day.

Woo more bunnies with a designated bedroom! I love how they've designated it themselves and they take themselves to bed, they remind me of a little old couple sometimes, especially if they get grumpy because I've stayed up too late :lol:

I wonder if in the wild, in the burrows, they have a chamber only used for night time sleeping? I just don't get the thought process behind this behaviour, it must be some strange innate behaviour? They can't actually be copying their humans can they?!?!! I can just imagine them rolling their eyes at my confusion and thinking "of course we have a bedroom for night time, you do don't you, so why on earth wouldn't we?!?! Stupid human !" :lol:

Bojangles goes to bed when I tell her to do so and if I am "late," she looks at me and hops in her cage and looks at me like "Well?" (I give her dinner at bedtime.)

Holly will put herself back in their hutch when she has had enough free range time usually at around 8pm.

It is the morning time that makes me laugh. I normally feed, water and hay the buns at around 6.15am - sometimes I am later on a Sunday and the banging and carrying on :shock:...Sheldon especially does not like to be kept waiting for breakfast.

Bobo also knows that 9pm is when he gets his night time treat of a little bit of muesli and gets all excited and binkies around like a loony.

I love how they know the time and what to expect. Such clever little things.:love:

Back