• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

worms in rabbits

sgprescue

Mama Doe
Does anyone know if its possible for rabbits to get roundworms? When I was at work today a chap came in with a query about worms in his rabbits poo. Fortunately he had taken a picture and they looked to me like roundworms, they were tiny, white (almost see through) and there were loads of them coming out of the poos. They were far too small, long and thin to be fly maggots and definatly were worm like. In all my years of looking after bunnies I have never known one to have worms. I found out his neighbour has a cat and I wondered if the cat had worms perhaps the bunny caught it that way? I sent him off with full details to buy some panacur on the internet which should hopefully sort it out, I was just puzzled as I had not seen it in rabbits before.

Yes, I know they can get pin worms (thread worms) are they the same as round worms? I've never seen it myself but have seen piccies on here.

Panacur sorts it out though!

Sounds like pinworms. I think roundworms are bigger and more wormlike! Like spaghetti?

But anyway, Panacur sorts them out normally. Might be worth him worming the cat too, although I'm not sure on the transmission, it seems possible?

Back