• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

This is why you need to spay your rabbit as early as possible *operation photos*

DemiS

Warren Veteran
What is usually removed during a spay looks like a tube splitting into two smaller tubes with two small ovaries on top, this is what was removed from Baby (the huge tumour is an ovary, there's also a smaller ovarian tumour and a dead kidney in the picture), a 3 year old rabbit who didn't show any symptoms at all...

1478968_10152045717845772_906936114_n.jpg

I didn't know there was anything wrong but if we'd of not booked the spay when we did, she'd probably be dead by now. Please please get your rabbit spayed AS SOON AS POSSIBLE no matter how healthy, young and fit they appear

Last edited:
:thumb: this should convince anyone who has any doubts!!! :shock: that's horrific! I'm so glad she's ok x

:thumb: this should convince anyone who has any doubts!!! :shock: that's horrific! I'm so glad she's ok x

1 reply, people on here must be squeamish haha :lol: And thankyou, It's no wonder she looked so overweight :shock:

I'd just like to add, there weren't any real symptoms, but she did appear much wider, and I'd noticed her wee smelling really odd for a while before the operation which was probably due to the dead kidney, so if anyone reading this knows of a rabbit who's having similar problems please tell them that it may be linked to cancer and to get them spayed right away

So glad you got it in time! Poor thing :( Definitely a great photo to encourage early spaying :thumb:

Yeah that's why I wanted the photo back, try shock people into getting it done (or done sooner than planned). The vet showed us a picture of a normal rabbit uterus from another spay they did the same day and the difference was just :shock:

Glad your bunnies on the mend.. :) just had mine done too because i wanted to avoid this thanks for post made me sure i made the right decision for her :)

Back