• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wooden Wendy House. Suitable?

Emmzie

Warren Scout
I'm going to view some bunnies tonight. Not decided if I'm going to end up reserving them but been looking at small sheds and Wendy houses on eBay. Obviously with size in mind as being the most important how do you rabbit proof it? I would imagine they will gnaw on the wood. I wouldn't want them to escape so any advice will be appreciated

~ Emmzie x

Attach mesh to the inside, although you don't have to :)

null_zps1a4f3c09.jpg

I think wendy houses are great, but I couldn't have one because I have knee replacements and find it very difficult to bend down. In a shed I can stand straight and bend from the waist which is obviously not great for my back health but is what I have to do. So do consider if a small shed might be better for you from the point of view of cleaning.

Thanks guys :)

Just went to view some mini lops. Fell in love with a cinnamon coloured doe and black buck gorgeous little things. Not ready for another three weeks but I'm really struggling to find a Wendy house or a small shed that is cheap and local to pick up gahhh

~ Emmzie x

Ooh how exciting that you've found some cute little buns! :) you'll have to start thinking of names! Re. Wendy house. I think that full size sheds can sometimes work out cheaper (plus they are kinder on the backs/knees!

Ooh how exciting that you've found some cute little buns! :) you'll have to start thinking of names! Re. Wendy house. I think that full size sheds can sometimes work out cheaper (plus they are kinder on the backs/knees!

Problem is I can't have a full sized shed as it could only go on the back end of the garden and it needs levelling off so was hoping to get a decent sized Wendy house and put it on the decking. Oh decisions! Can't find any recently priced small sheds or anything :(

Yes very cute! I think I'd call the boy Olly. For obvious reasons and call the girl cinnamon

~ Emmzie x

Maybe try eBay then? I think sometimes it's luck whether a bargain comes along when you need it to. And those are lovely names :)

Maybe try eBay then? I think sometimes it's luck whether a bargain comes along when you need it to. And those are lovely names :)

I've tried eBay and gum tree. Loads on eBay but not local to pick up even asked some sellers if i can arrange a courier to collect URGHHHH

I do have to think long and hard about this as when I went to see the bunnies who are adorable I couldn't help but compare to Fudge :/

~ Emmzie x

[QUOTE=I

The power of RU is strong :) well I've seen Wendy houses on eBay for like £50-60 need a little work doing but I want to put the effort in and make it my own.

They are all local pick up that's the problem. I even asked if I could arrange a courier but it would be hassle for them. I will keep looking.

I was looking at chicken coops but not really what I'm after.

~ Emmzie x

Need RU help :( struggling to find any decent second hand small sheds, bike sheds or Wendy houses in my area! Tried eBay, gum tree and pre loved. Can anyone recommend any other websites?

~ Emmzie x

Still haven't found a suitable Wendy house can anyone suggest any websites for me?? New ones very expensive. I did find one near my area but was in poor condition and was unable to dismantle it and was unable to take it as it was as our car is not big enough bunnies are ready in two weeks :(

~ Emmzie x

What about a good sized hutch? Most suppliers will courier them to you flat packed. Good companies like Ryedale, Happy hutch, Boyles pet housing, etc make hutches that last for years and years so even if they sound a lot it is actually worth it in the end (early christmas presents from family and friends may help towards costs)???

My dad is already paying for the bunnies because he knows how heart broken I was to lose Fudge. There is like a chicken coop one wih a hutch and run on it. I could always extend the hutch myself? :)

~ Emmzie x

I got a chicken coop style on for Frosty and Snowflake (before they fell out :oops:) but it really is soo narrow. I have it for Harvest the hamster now. Also the actual floor space of the hutch is tiny compared to a six by two hutch oh and... it is not waterproof - too many gaps in between each panel.

Could you make a hutch yourself?

How lovely of your dad to pay for your rabbits to help your heart break.

I got a chicken coop style on for Frosty and Snowflake (before they fell out :oops:) but it really is soo narrow. I have it for Harvest the hamster now. Also the actual floor space of the hutch is tiny compared to a six by two hutch oh and... it is not waterproof - too many gaps in between each panel.

Could you make a hutch yourself?

How lovely of your dad to pay for your rabbits to help your heart break.

These are the sizes and they provide a waterproof cover that covers it all. I was thinking of going for this when extending the hutch bit myself. I could probably
Make one but I work full time and currently on a very long jury service so I won't have time and my bunnies will be ready soon :( going to look online tonight for some tips and plans see if I can get one made quickly :)

~ Emmzie x

Back