• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nose lick vs nose bump.

Ailstar

Mama Doe
So I have two very different buns, who are equally loveable. Both luck cuddles (daisy fell asleep on me last night) :) but whereas Levi is all about the 'nose lick' daisy will 'nose bump' me. She has never licked me, but nudges me with her nose constantly. What's the difference? Is there any really or are they just saying the same thing in different ways?

My bun does both :lol: Bumps normally when I'm standing up, so I assume for attention! He also sometimes bumps in passing as he's rushing about/playing - I take these as a sort of "I love you but I'm busy right now!"

He licks when he's more cuddley, normally when I lie on the floor with him, he'll lick my leg or hand. He also sometimes licks my nose when I ask for a kiss :love:

My bun does both :lol: Bumps normally when I'm standing up, so I assume for attention! He also sometimes bumps in passing as he's rushing about/playing - I take these as a sort of "I love you but I'm busy right now!"

He licks when he's more cuddley, normally when I lie on the floor with him, he'll lick my leg or hand. He also sometimes licks my nose when I ask for a kiss :love:

Levi gives me a 'nose lick' very morning when I give them their breakfast. It's the best way to start the day :). Daisy just bumps me.

Doughnut bumps me when she wants attention but it's also a form of begging as I get lots of bumps in the morning if I'm sorting out her hay and she wants her breakfast!

Yeah I do think that rabbit behaviour is very context driven. So when you're in the position where Levi would groom you, it probably is Daisy saying 'no, you groom me!'. If there's food in the vicinity or there *should* be food in the vicinity it is most likely 'get a move on'.

Bilbo will run up to me, bump my ankle, then run off sometimes with a binky. I generally take this to mean 'hahahaha catch me if you can', so end up chasing him for a bit.

I always took nose bumps to mean, "Give me food/attention/nose rubs/whatever it is that you have and I want" or "Why have you stopped giving me food/attention/nose rubs/whatever it is that you have and I want" :lol:

Followed swiftly by a little nip if the bump doesn't produce the desired effect :lol:.

Aww, these posts are all so cute to read :love: My bun never licks me but she frequently bumps me with her nose, to which I always respond with a gentle rub of her nose for a few minutes!

Back