• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Look what we spotted at Cannon Hall today

missniknak

Alpha Buck
In the car park!
cannonhallrahs2_zps02140e73.jpg

Someone released a pet rabbit into the grounds, which has mingled with the wildies and these are the results.
Gorgeous little fluffy REW's.

I hope they are not escapees from the farm / petting zoo. There are usually a few litters of rabbits and guinea pigs.

They will be easy picking for predators, no camouflage at all :cry:

That's what I was thinking. I bet they are praying for the snow. We spoke to an assistant who said that someone had dumped a pet bunny in the grounds and it has joined the wildies community. Cannon Hall don't want to 'rescue' the babies with them being part wild, and they did try to catch the parent when it was first spotted but it was off!

Oh they're really cute. I've never seen REW wildies before.

They will be easy picking for predators, no camouflage at all :cry:
Sadly yes, but I was very surprised that black wildies stand out like sore thumbs at dusk too.
Seems there's no colour like agouti for camouflage.
I wonder whether you saw the arctic hares when you were on shetland? What a sight when they moulted!

Back