• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fleece cage liners….

Persie

Warren Scout
What are your thoughts on them? We ordered Persie a little fleece pad to lay on to keep him cosy & it arrived on Saturday and of course it wasn’t long before he had poo’d & pee’d all over it :censored: so we have had to move it in to his cage now & it is on top of his usual carefresh base. We are now considering buying fleece cage liners to replace his usual carefresh as it seems the tidier option, although I am worried it may smell more than carefresh as our little bun is not litter trained. I can’t complain though as he is free range as his cage is open at all times but he never goes to the loo anywhere but in his cage (except his little incident with his new “pad”). Any help would be greatly appreciated :D

I'd just line it with newspaper and fill it with hay if he's free range. I know my lot prefer being surrounded by loads of hay to eat while they toilet and I very rarely find poos outside the litter trays (32L storage boxes) unless they've kicked it out. You could always get a fleece thing to put on top of the cage to use as a platform so he doesn't get his feet/legs stuck.

Or you could get a big storage box and line with newspaper, fill it with hay to encourage litter training etc and put blankets/towels etc in the cage and use it as a digging area, my indoor buns love theirs (a medium dog bed) and it's easy enough to keep them clean if they wee on them.

I would also go with newspaper in the cage base. I would have a separate litter tray with hay in to keep everything confined.

Back