• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Snugglesafe..........

Willowsmum

Mama Doe
Has anybody got a snugglesafe?? Is it good?:p It says it stays warm for up to ten hours? :shock: I find that hard to believe?:roll:

I currently have two in rotation for some foster kittens. They are fab :thumb: staying warm for 10 hours would be pushing it, but could be possible.

It depends on how you use them, placed in a hutch on a winters night just in its fleecy cover it would not stay warm for anything like that long (maybe 2hrs-ish?).The one I've got going at the moment was heated at about 10am and is still nice and warm... But it is inside on a summers day all wrapped up in towels and bedding inside a fleecy igloo cat bed with 2 kittens on top!

Love my snugglesafes!
Bought for the buns but used by me and Pepper, the cat. Just started using one for her again as we've just had a couple of chilly days. They do stay warm for that long - not hot - if in a warmish environment i.e. wouldn't last as long in an outdoor hutch on a sub zero night.

They are really useful, but to be honest I only ever use mine for poorly buns. My pairs have never needed them and mostly ignored them when they've had them, they prefer to snuggle with each other for warmth.

They are useful for taking off the chill but do need a cover on as they do get very hot. My buns cuddled up to them last winter.

I have found that the covers that come with them don't last very long though. X

I have four for my two bunnies and I rotate them, they don't stay hot for 10 hours, but do take the edge off on very cold days, I don't give them to my two until the temperature is below 0 and they've got their winter coats.

The covers don't last long on them, so I've made my own.

Pipkin loved his in the winter. Ruby usually just ignored it. I'd say on a cold winter's night it probably stayed warm about 4 hours. If outside conditions are warmer it will obviously last longer. I used to pile straw on top to try and keep it going a bit.
I don't think the buns necessarily need it unless they're sick but Pipkin liked it so I used it a lot.

I've never found they stay warm for very long, at least not in a hutch, maybe 2 hours in a shed in the winter. I also had a horrible occurrence with my bun a couple of years ago. To be fair I don't know that it was the snugglesafe, there weren't any indicators especially considering I'd carried it across the garden without getting burned, but I found my boy one morning with a horrible massive wound across his tummy. I think it was a burn and I just can't think what it could have been from but the snugglesfae. I guess it will always be a mystery. All I'm trying to say is if you do get one follow the instructions - I was very naughty and heated it for longer than they said to to try and keep it warm longer, so it must have been due to that.

I've never found they stay warm for very long, at least not in a hutch, maybe 2 hours in a shed in the winter. I also had a horrible occurrence with my bun a couple of years ago. To be fair I don't know that it was the snugglesafe, there weren't any indicators especially considering I'd carried it across the garden without getting burned, but I found my boy one morning with a horrible massive wound across his tummy. I think it was a burn and I just can't think what it could have been from but the snugglesfae. I guess it will always be a mystery. All I'm trying to say is if you do get one follow the instructions - I was very naughty and heated it for longer than they said to to try and keep it warm longer, so it must have been due to that.

That's awful :cry:

Back