• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Switching to Fitch...

sueny

Warren Scout
I'm thinking of switching from wood shavings to Fitch, after all the good reports I've seen and heard.

Do I need to do this gradually or can I just do a straight swap?

Thanks in advance.

You can do it straight away :) Not only does it not produce phenols, it isn't as messy and it is really really absorbent..! And it last ages, it's soooo compact.

I'm also going to switch but was thinking of either fitch or aubiose? Is there any real difference? I though the fact fitch is so white it might show the dirt a lot more...

I'm also going to switch but was thinking of either fitch or aubiose? Is there any real difference? I though the fact fitch is so white it might show the dirt a lot more...

I haven't really seen any mess with fitch, it just goes yellow after a lot of wee has gone on it. But other than that it stays white :) I never see it anyway as it's under a tonne of hay :lol: I was going to get auboise but I'm really good at getting hay splinters so was worried about sticking my hand into auboise and getting a big chunk of it in my nail :shock:

Here is my visible fitch for my hamsters :) My syrian pees in his house sometimes but it only recently started turning yellow so I know when to clean his house, usually every 5 days :) It's been over a month since I did a full clean out and I think it may last longer than the megazorb!

Ive tried both and I prefer fitch x

Back