• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do Bunnies know?

Schez

Mama Doe
This is rather random, but do your bunnies know how you are feeling? And do they respond to your mood?

For example, I'm not in the best of moods. I'm going back to work on Tuesday and all my childcare has been messed up. There's lots of other things too long and boring to go into, but none the less I'm not feeling happy... But Reggie is following me around, lying on my feet whenever possible... I just got up for a cuppa and he's followed be there and back. He's lying next to me and snuggling into my side... You can't possibly breath like that Reggie... :shock: :lol:
If I'm feeling happy he becomes very playful and zips about with a binky or two... :love:

Anyhoo, I just wonder if other people's buns do the same kinda things?

They may be able to pick up on cues but I'd think it's more likely that you pay more attention (subconsciously) when their behaviour matches your mood. It is a common processing bias in humans that we focus on things that are consistent with our mood, e.g. noticing happy things when we feel happy and vice versa.

Ahhhhh, that makes sense reading it like that... Very interesting - though it's nice to think he's snuggling to make me feel better ;)

i think they do. bisc is very in tune with my feelings. he always has been, even as a baby. he just knows me and he does things to cheer me up or comfort me. they're so amazing. :love:

I don't know what I would do without Reggie. He brought a lot of comfort when I had lost my bridge bunnies Holly and Buddy, (which I still blame myself for) ... I think he knows on some level how I'm feeling... I just hope I do a good job of understanding him... (Like yesterday eve when he turned his back on me.. Don't think he's impressed with the scatter feeding... It means he actually eats hay too :lol:)

I think Marley is the opposite :lol: he seems to act up more when I'm feeling down. He adds to my emotions. However saying that I was feeling unhappy last night and they were both zooming about and I had to think 'well at least they're happy!'

Definitely,
I've not long split up with my fiancé and the other day when I was trying to pack and probably bawling my eyes out at the same time I had Toffee and Rex following me EVEYRWHERE! :lol:

I think so - Sheldon seems to know when I need some cheering up and constantly nudges me and allows alot more attention than normal. Don't think the others care too much though:lol:

I think so - Sheldon seems to know when I need some cheering up and constantly nudges me and allows alot more attention than normal. Don't think the others care too much though:lol:

Aww. Sheldon is gorgous x

Not the bunnies but I think my cats definitely know. The night after Pipkin died I didn't really sleep at all but they both stayed with me all night.
When I was sick a few years ago and mostly stayed in bed Jo would sit on my chest and knead her paws. It was a bit painful (her claws are sharp!) but I think she was trying to comfort me.

Doughnut follows me absolutely everywhere anyway and digs at the door if I got into another room! Not sure if it's love or just is hoping for food.

She does pick up on moods though. She will happily go in her carrier if I don't need her to but as soon as I need to get her to the vets it's like she knows. I think I am more anxious as I know I need to get her in there so she runs away!

Back