• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A good rabbit brush please :)

runhardlivelong

Warren Scout
Hi everyone,

Lola (mini-lop) is ridiculously moulting at presented. I brushed her today but it was a bit ridiculous!! I got four huge handfuls!!

Essentially I was wondering what people use for brushing their bunnies?! I would avoid doing it but she is unbearable and there is hair everywhere!!

Do people use a cat brush?! Or a particular bunny brush?

Please help!

Kate xx

I don't like to use brushes, they just slip through the fur and there's been a couple of accidents I've read about on here, where the brush has ripped the fur out and left a nasty wound underneath.

I use wet hands, by far the most effective way in my opinion.

i get the thick of it out with my handd and then go over with a cat slicker brush wich was 1.99 from wilkonson to get the rest of it

I use a baby brush on my lad :D

I don't brush my lionhead at all, her bf sorts her out :lol: When they are moulting I do the wet hands thing

I use the wet hands method, but for my long haired rabbit I have a small animal brush by options - its a little bit harder than a baby brush but still nice and soft, I find it gets the fur up quite well

Buster's brush is from P@H and is one of them harder ones, it's okay for when he's having a mild moult but not much use for when he's ridicilous (which he is at the moment)! So I too use my hands:wave:

Back