• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Prescriptions for buying Meds online.

Mad Bunster

Mama Doe
I'm thinking of asking my vet for prescriptions for each of my buns Meds as they are all on long term medicine now and it's costing me a fortune!

What are the best ways to do this? I think the buns need a check up every three months so would the vet be able to give me 3 months worth of prescription? And will I need one prescription per bunny, or per medicine? Just trying to figure out if I will actually save money! Eg yesterday 50mls of baytril from vets was £40.... A quick check online shows I can get 100mls for £20!

4 times cheaper! Saving £30 a month.... Am I missing something?

You need to check with your vet how much they'll give you at a time. Depending on how much they charge per prescription, and how much they will prescribe, a huge chunk of your savings may disappear in prescription charges. It didn't work out cheaper for me when I looked but our vets is very reasonable on meds.

Back