• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bald patches

sillyrabbit

Wise Old Thumper
Scar has like full on bald spots around her back which have just appeared overnight. She is moulting at the moment, and on some of the patches you can see new fur has started growing through which is making me think maybe it's just a part of moulting? :? But I've never seen this before! Her skin seems fine, I can't see any irritation on the parts where no new fur has come through. Is it normal for this to happen while they are moulting?

She seems totally fine in herself, she is playing and eating as much as usual. I don't know if I should see the emergency vet today or if it's something that can wait until tomorrow :? If I go today I don't have any choice in which vet I see. I feel like I don't really want to stress her out in the car today taking her when there is a chance we will end up seeing someone who doesn't have a clue, or the vet who is allergic to rabbits, and I will probs end up having to bring her back to see her own vet tomorrow anyways. I hate trying to judge if something is an emergency :oops: :(

Hiya, no idea what this could be, but as she seems fine in her self and is still eating/pooping/being active, I would wait until tomorrow to see you usual rabbit savvy vet :)

Hope it's nothing serious xx

Could be mites or a severe mount best to get vet to take a look though mine had mites but only one had bald patches

Thanks!

Sorry to be a pain, but can anyone tell me if I would be able to see anything on the skin if it was mites? Like any irritation? I'm trying to google pictures but my internet sucks and my phones not showing the images :(

You'd see like flaky skin like dandruff if it were mites.
My rew lionhead Angel is having a terrible moult right now.
She is so patchy and has bald spots and looks so raggedy.

But as long as the skin is nice and pink and healthy then everything should be fine :) xxx

Yeah I can't see anything. Ahhh I feel bad for my poor baby girl, she looks such a mess at the moment. Even though she seems completely normal and I don't think she is unwell I'm still like :( when I look at her

I should have just taken her to the emergency vet earlier, I'm gonna be awake all night now thinking about it and if I call up at this time of night without an actual emergency they will tell me to jog on :lol:

Yeah I can't see anything. Ahhh I feel bad for my poor baby girl, she looks such a mess at the moment. Even though she seems completely normal and I don't think she is unwell I'm still like :( when I look at her

I should have just taken her to the emergency vet earlier, I'm gonna be awake all night now thinking about it and if I call up at this time of night without an actual emergency they will tell me to jog on :lol:

I wouldn't have gone on a Sunday if she's fine in herself, try not to worry! :wave:

It's not mites just a really heavy moult, had it with some of ours when I've plucked a bit too much it will grow back soon don't worry

Ok then so it is possible for them to moult that much, it's deffo growing back in places already which I'm assuming it wouldn't be doing if it was mites :?

Gonna feel well bad taking them in if it turns out to be nothing, obv it's better to be safe but I will still feel awful stressing them out in the car and stuff just because I'm being an idiot :oops:

Back