• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonded bunny troubles

bunnyo1

Young Bun
Hi all,

recently my two rabbits have become fully bonded - we are able to leave them together and not be around and they are always super happy.

Until just a minute ago, Jaycie entered a new room in the house then I brought Freddie in and she tried to mount him, so I just took her out of the room. (Freddie is the dominant one in the relationship) I've never seen her do this

They are now back together eating fine, just wondering if that behaviour is normal? I'm thinking of keeping them to the rooms they already go in

Any advice is much appreciated :)

:wave:

How long have they been fully bonded for? And what space have they been used to sharing?
It could be that you have introduced some new territory too soon for them. They may well not be fully bonded just yet.

I would suggest putting them both back into their normal housing area for the time being, and increase the size of area they have slowly until you see that they are both more settled.

:wave:

How long have they been fully bonded for? And what space have they been used to sharing?
It could be that you have introduced some new territory too soon for them. They may well not be fully bonded just yet.

I would suggest putting them both back into their normal housing area for the time being, and increase the size of area they have slowly until you see that they are both more settled.

they've not been bonded for long, yeah I've stopped them going in there and they've settled down again now :) thanks

Back