• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pooping in the run

Summer&Skye

Mama Doe
Does anyone else's little darlings make huge poo piles in their run?! I've never had any problems with Summer and Skye pooing in the run, they do the odd ones but I just leave them to fertilise the ground :lol: but Heidi and Dash have decided that one particular corner of their run is their downstairs loo :roll: but I'm stuck for how to keep on top of it. at first i just swept them up but it was hard to get them all from the grass and id be squashing them as i swept! So I've recently been using my trays of turf that I was growing... But then I've just had to throw the whole lot out. These two can poo for England :lol: Its such a pain crawling into the run but I'm thinking the only option is to put them a shelter in (may have to steal Summer and Skye's :oops:) and put a proper litter tray in with hay... I didn't really want to actively encourage them but I don't think there's much else I can do? Anyone have any tips?!

Mine do that now, I have 2 huge storage boxes with hay, yet Lst few days theres been piles outside. I clean them twice a day so boxes arent full...???

Dont know why either

Yep Buster has one corner in his run where he likes to deposit all his presents to me. Naturally, it is the corner of the run which is the hardest to get to for me. I once tried putting his litter pan in the run. I will never try that again. He took one look at it and tipped the lot all over the grass. Sawdust is hard to get off grass :evil:

when bisc and matt were in a hutch and run, and then a shed and run, they used litter trays really easily. maybe try those :wave:

Back