• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Rabbits overate pellets last night - added "after party" photos :)

Bess&George

Warren Scout
Hello!:wave:

My two very naughty bunnies decided to have a party last night when I was fast asleep and managed the break into their pellet storage.:censored: There were pellets everywhere this morning and these two are very greedy so they must have eaten loads for there to be any left over.

Are they in danger of blockage or something now? I was gonna give them just hay and water for now, maybe for a couple of days at least. Should I be giving them anything else?

They are both behaving normally, still eating their hay and pooing. They even got a bit cross with me when I didn't give them their usual breakfast pellets this morning.:roll: They appear quite drowsy at the moment but they usually sleep best part of the day anyway.

They are NZ whites, 1.5 and 2 years old, and usually have a handful of pellets between them every morning.

Please let me know if you have any advice.

Thanks!

Last edited:
!!! naughty party rabbits !!!

If they are eating pooing and weeing it shouldnt be a problem.

Keep a close eye on them. Good luck :wave:

They may produce some excess cecals for a couple of days. Giving just hay and water for 48 hours is a good idea.

Thank you both for your responses, I appreciate them.:)

My naughty house(party)bunnies have spent the best part of the day sleeping off their hangover from the night before. Thankfully they seem absolutely fine. The biggest problem they've had today was not having their usual veg at dinner time, poor mites couldn't understand why they weren't getting any and kept following me around. Not gonna give them anything other than hay for now.
They've also been checking the old pellet storage place frequently throughout the day, greedy little monsters. Goes without saying pellets are kept somewhere else now. :)

Thank you both for your responses, I appreciate them.:)

My naughty house(party)bunnies have spent the best part of the day sleeping off their hangover from the night before. Thankfully they seem absolutely fine. The biggest problem they've had today was not having their usual veg at dinner time, poor mites couldn't understand why they weren't getting any and kept following me around. Not gonna give them anything other than hay for now.
They've also been checking the old pellet storage place frequently throughout the day, greedy little monsters. Goes without saying pellets are kept somewhere else now. :)

Spoil sport !! :lol:

Glad they are both OK :D

Awww I love your naughty bunnies! One question though, how have you still got un-chewed wood underneath your sofa? Mine have had a party under *my (*their, who am I kidding) sofa :D

Awww I love your naughty bunnies! One question though, how have you still got un-chewed wood underneath your sofa? Mine have had a party under *my (*their, who am I kidding) sofa :D

Oh it's just that they prefer the guest room futon, the wood must taste better or something! :)

haha mine did exactly the same thing last night! Greedy bunnies :love:

Ooh maybe it's the end of summer hols party season for bunnies! :)

They could have informed me in advance though, kind of rude not to invite me to a party in my own home!

Back