• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Home check this afternoon UD: Passed :)

Loosy

Warren Veteran
:shock: Things have moved very quickly. I think I have found a perfect little friend for Ruby with the RSPCA. I have a home visit later, I've never had one for a rabbit before so I feel a little nervous! I don't think there's any reason I should fail, the lady seemed to like the sound of my set up on the phone. I don't know what other sort of things she will be looking for though.

The little bunny is lovely, we had a long cuddle when I met him and he actually seemed to enjoy it! I've never had a cuddly bun before. He's very different to Pipkin in both looks and temperament which I think is good, I don't want to feel like I'm just replacing my little man because no bun could ever replace him.

Fingers crossed!

Last edited:
I had a home check when I adopted my latest pair from the rspca, it was fine, she looked at the set up and she looked at my existing buns and all my other animals, but it was very informal. I'm sure you will be fine :D

Thanks! :) she's coming at about 2. She seems lovely on the phone so I'm sure it will be fine.

ETA: We passed :D They will bond Ruby with him for us which is good. I had such an easy bond with Ruby and Pipkin that I don't think I could be so lucky twice. They do one pair at a time and they are already doing one bond at the moment so it will probably be about a week until it's Ruby's turn.

I feel like I can say a bit more about new bun now. He's a REW nethie, a bit bigger than Pipkin but smaller than Ruby. I wasn't intending to go for a netherland dwarf again but he caught my eye and after I met him I fell in love a little bit. He was given up by owners who had got bored of him and he was in a bit of a state when he arrived with his fosterer. He looks great now though! Apparently he has never really been handled but he seems to like a cuddle. I gave him nose rubs and he nearly fell asleep. :love:

Last edited:
Back