• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Look what I found in Tallulah's run today!

Hahaha, brilliant burrowing :thumb::thumb: I bet she's not feeling guilty at all ;)

This is one of Foxie's burrows, there have been many-

I filled them in with mud then put stones or paving slabs over the top. The buns are now confined to the half of the garden they can't burrow out of because it was getting ridiculous!! :lol:

she is a rescue and was in poor condition when I got her about 5 weeks ago so at least I know shes perked up! :thumb: She is much more active now and has put on loads of weight, but not really feeling the burrowing lol! I don't want her escaping ha ha! Have filled it back in and will just have to keep a close eye on her...I just got her a new hutch though and was going to get a runaround but now I am worried shes gonna get in the run and burrow out! :shock:

she is a rescue and was in poor condition when I got her about 5 weeks ago so at least I know shes perked up! :thumb: She is much more active now and has put on loads of weight, but not really feeling the burrowing lol! I don't want her escaping ha ha! Have filled it back in and will just have to keep a close eye on her...I just got her a new hutch though and was going to get a runaround but now I am worried shes gonna get in the run and burrow out! :shock:

you can put mesh across the bottom of the run so she won't be able to dig out, if you are planning on keeping the run in one place all the time then you can put some soil and turf over the top of the mesh so she can still dig but not get out :)

You can put mesh on the bottom of the run to stop burrowing or I found that putting slabs of concrete, the stuff you put on low walls, around the edge of the run stopped escapes, though mine were both neutered so didn't have the digging urge your girl has :lol:

Shes is for a pre-op and vaccines on Tuesday and then spaying Thursday so hopefully the digging urge will reduce lol!

I am in rented and dont think my landlord will appriciate me digging up their lawn lol, plus am a bit hopeless with things like that and get the feeling it would go wrong! Not sure what to do now! Should this digging urge go when she has been spayed?

Just saw in another post that if the mesh is on the ground (as opposed to being suspended) the rabbit's feet will be fine. The grass should grow through or you could turf on the mesh (not chicken wire, as rabbits can dig through it). Mine all have mesh underfoot, with grass growing through.

Shes is for a pre-op and vaccines on Tuesday and then spaying Thursday so hopefully the digging urge will reduce lol!

I am in rented and dont think my landlord will appriciate me digging up their lawn lol, plus am a bit hopeless with things like that and get the feeling it would go wrong! Not sure what to do now! Should this digging urge go when she has been spayed?

no need to dig anything up at all :) just staple mesh to the bottom of the run in the same way that you've stapled it to the sides and top :thumb:

Back