• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mr B is poorly

Snowberry

Wise Old Thumper
He is refusing his tea-time pellets and any treats and is sat hunched up in his litter tray.

He has eaten well during the day and has had lots of hay.

He does this every few months when he has a bad moult and I think ingesting the hair gives him tummy ache. He also had a brush earlier which always makes him throw a paddy.

He has had some metacam and metaclopramide and we are now waiting for it to kick in and him start brightening up.

I have literally no idea whether it helps, and I have heard people say yes and no on here, but we give Beau pineapple tablets (bromelain I think it's called) from Holland & Barrett, the enzyme is supposed to help with breaking down hair balls. Might help?

Sending nose rubs xx

I have literally no idea whether it helps, and I have heard people say yes and no on here, but we give Beau pineapple tablets (bromelain I think it's called) from Holland & Barrett, the enzyme is supposed to help with breaking down hair balls. Might help?

Sending nose rubs xx

Thanks Hun, will try and get him some next week.

He is still sat hunched in his litter tray!

2am and he has eaten all his pellets and snatched a treat off me! It's amazing what a bit of metacam can do!

Back