• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Won't walk on lino

Fluffs

Alpha Buck
Hi, :wave:
so about ten minutes ago i washed and dried some offcut lino, cut it to size and slipped it underneath my hutch/run thing
(http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RABBIT-GU..._Animals&var=660114397842&hash=item5aedfd048f )
i've made sure it's the right size, no bits to chew ect, then opened the gateway from fluffy's run. She came to investigate,sniffed it then stubbornly sat in her litter tray. :roll: I haven't really tried to coax her on it yet, but i think she's just going to hop on it to get the treat or something, and hop off.
what can i do?
x

Is it non-slip lino? I don't think many rabbits like lino, it's too slippery to run around on properly.

All of my buns are fine on lino, it's non slip though, is yours? You could always cover it with hay or blankets/carpet squares so there is extra grip if it is the slippy stuff.

Yeah I think it must be non-slip cos we have it as the kitchen floor (and it's almost ridged?)

so this was quite a while ago and i put a pile of grass on it and came back and the grass was eaten, but in such a way i think she stretched her little neck right from the run to eat it and didn't go on the lino again.
:roll:
since then she has hopped on to it to go upstairs quickly and hasn't ventured down in the hour and a half we were in the garden. I 've decided to wait till morning so she's nice and hungry and see if she forgets the lino in her rush for nuggets! :D
thanks x

My house rabbit won't go on Lino at all. We have to out his tunnel from the utility where he lives into the lounge so he can have a run!

Back