• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Those with Perspex/plexiglass windows...

Summer&Skye

Mama Doe
Just wondering, those of you with sheds (and maybe some with hutches) with Perspex/plexiglass windows, what do u do for ventilation? I want to make Perspex windows to go over the mesh on the hutch doors as a permanent weather shield. My plan was to attach to wood with nuts (as in nuts and bolts!) between plastic and wood to allow for good ventilation, but iv realised that this won't be possible because of the hardware on the doors, so I'm thinking il just have to cover the mesh with cut-to-size Perspex and seal the edges but obviously they'll be no ventilation, so I just wondered what is the best thing to do? Would I need to drill holes in the Perspex or would that just defeat the object and let water in? They both have runaround pipes permanently attached and open so they do have air coming in from there but I don't think this will be enough for good airflow will it?? Any ideas/advice appreciated :D Thanks :wave:

I made pvc windows for my runs with eyelets so I could attach via cableties. I made the windows slightly smaller than needed so there was a small gap for ventilation. It still stays dry.

Back