• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Saturday U/D Mr Bennett seems alright now, but a bit of fussy eating.

Barn Yard Bunnies

Staff member
I cannot reach him. I tried with a broom handle but he has gone onto the part at the very back where I cannot seeing him. The only way to get him is to take the built ins apart and I don't want to do that on my own incase it falls on him.

Its been two weeks since his dental, surely it cannot be his teeth again. He was absolutely fine before I went to bed. Only difference to his diet was new hay, the Western Timothy hay, surely that cannot upset his tummy. I have put it in there before, so its not as if he hasn't had it before. There are work men replacing the roof, coming and going in the back garden and up the stairs and he was upset by them on Monday morning but has been fine all week. :(

Last edited:
Don't know what to suggest except trying to bribe him. I hope he's ok, try not to panic he will come out eventually

Don't know what to suggest except trying to bribe him. I hope he's ok, try not to panic he will come out eventually

Thankfully he has come out to use his litter tray. I have locked him in his dog crate and waiting for my mum to get here and taking him to the vets. He is laying in his tray looking miserable.

So sorry, I hope you manage coax him out or get him to eat. It's so difficult to decide what's bothering them, I really hope it's not his teeth again so soon.

Thankfully he has come out to use his litter tray. I have locked him in his dog crate and waiting for my mum to get here and taking him to the vets. He is laying in his tray looking miserable.

At least you've got to him! Sending vibes that he goes on okay at the vets.

So sorry, I hope you manage coax him out or get him to eat. It's so difficult to decide what's bothering them, I really hope it's not his teeth again so soon.

I am very worried its his teeth, it was only two weeks ago they were burred right down. Today his new orchard hay arrived, which I am hoping would help with his teeth as it is more grass based and meant to be more benefical for grinding teeth down.

Mum should be here in 15 minutes. Then I will get a cab.

I am very worried its his teeth, it was only two weeks ago they were burred right down. Today his new orchard hay arrived, which I am hoping would help with his teeth as it is more grass based and meant to be more benefical for grinding teeth down.

Mum should be here in 15 minutes. Then I will get a cab.

Oh no not again! :( sending mega vibes, i hope he's ok xxx

mr bennett! poor fellow. its awful when you can't reach them. i hope it is soon resolved. and i hope he's just moult-grumpy, like matthew rabbit.

Thanks.

There is no obvious cause. Tummy feels fine, bottom fine, ears fine etc.

Teeth have grown long in two weeks. :( No obvious spurs. Two vets looked at his teeth, Wendy actually put her finger in the back as Mr B is fine with his teeth examinations. She couldn't feel anything either.

Still not eating. On zantac, metacam and CC until tomorrow as they do not want to do another GA in two weeks unless its absolutely necessary. We have to see how he is in the morning before a decision is made to give him a GA.

Last edited:
Good luck. I've kept Grim on a very high dose of metacam for a month with bad teeth to put off a GA. The time before he stopped breathing so we didn't want to do it for as long as possible. He was on 0.6ml twice daily.

I wonder, just typing out loud here, if Mr Bennett has root issues and it's painful for him to eat a lot of hay? Perhaps a course of stronger metacam might encourage him to eat more hay?

Good luck. I've kept Grim on a very high dose of metacam for a month with bad teeth to put off a GA. The time before he stopped breathing so we didn't want to do it for as long as possible. He was on 0.6ml twice daily.

I wonder, just typing out loud here, if Mr Bennett has root issues and it's painful for him to eat a lot of hay? Perhaps a course of stronger metacam might encourage him to eat more hay?

I can't remember the last time he had an xray but it wasn't this year. He didn't have any obvious roots problems back then. I gave Mr B 0.6ml about 2 hours ago and he isn't moving. I locked him in the dog crate with various food and he looks miserable, not helped that he would like to come out and go either under the bed or wardrobe and then he definately wouldn't come out to eat.

My gut feel is dental again.

Back