• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Poo

PrincessPomPom

Warren Scout
What are baby buns poo supposed to be like? Pom Pom's poos were really dry but I hardly ever saw her eat anything other than museli and she didn't drink much water either now that I think about it :shock: and our previous bunny to her was on a forage only diet so her poos were dark and soft. My pairs poos are round, dark, wet to touch but not soft and they smell a little is this normal *pompoms never smelled*? They eat their pellets, tons of hay and drinking lots
2a9zlfp.jpg

This is what they look like normal?

Pooka's were like this to begin with. Once she got into hay at my house they started being less dark, and obviously they got bigger as she did, they were tiny to begin with. I think when she was in with her brother and sisters they didn't have as much hay, or mum ate it all. Whilst they're getting more pellets to help them grow their poops are going to be darker, and I think alfalfa hay over others will also make them less golden.

Edit: it just occurred to me that you said they have a smell. What sort of smell? Sounds like an odd question but if its a sweet smell, I would recommend getting them checked by a vet, as the only other thing that comes to mind is coccidiosis (sp?) and that can cause a sweet, farmy smell, is serious and young buns can be prone to it

It's not sweet it reminds me somewhat of special poos? It's not a really strong smell, it could be pee mixed in :lol:

eta I just went and smelled some which were out of the tray and they dont smell at all, I must of gotten a pee soaked one :lol:

Last edited:
Back