• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Textbook of Rabbit Medicine

Amy104

Warren Veteran
A Collegue kindly gave me a £30 amazon voucher for looking after his guinea pig whilst on holiday (despite me saying I'd do it for free), I've wanted FHBs one for ages but obviously its out of date, I'm really tempted to put the voucher towards pre-ording the new version thats out next month by a different vet. I don't know much about the other vet so I wondered if people thought it was likely to be worth the money.

A Collegue kindly gave me a £30 amazon voucher for looking after his guinea pig whilst on holiday (despite me saying I'd do it for free), I've wanted FHBs one for ages but obviously its out of date, I'm really tempted to put the voucher towards pre-ording the new version thats out next month by a different vet. I don't know much about the other vet so I wondered if people thought it was likely to be worth the money.

I believe Molly Varga is very good :wave:

That one looks good too.

I have Richard Saunders book which is good aswell and kinder on the wallet.

My understanding is that it is still the original text book, it has just been updated by Molly Varga as much of the detail really is very out of date now. Molly is great and very bunny savvy so I would definitely wait and get the new one :D

Richard Saunders' book is very good too, and cheaper as you say. The difference I think is that Richards book is lots of bullet points on differential diagnosis, drug options etc, really handy to look things up quickly and get an idea of options, whereas the textbook gives much more detailed explanations about things. I think they both have their uses, it's just that their uses are different :D

Last edited:
Thanks Santa. That's exactly what I'm after really something that goes into a deeper explaination. Can't wait for it to come out now.

Back