• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The guilt of letting go...

jay

Mama Doe
I have taken on two bunnies, Daisy and Bramble, from my nephew who are lovely - but Daisy nips. If I was on my own this wouldn't be a problem. In fact in the past I had a rescue rabbit who had been so badly treated she would scratch and bite to begin with.

However - I now have a 5 year old. I want him to love bunnies as much as I do but he seems to be on the receiving end of the nips and now he is very wary of her. He isn't rough, he doesn't try and pick her up - he is just too young to understands the signs that she doesn't want fussing.

I have decided to rehome these bunnies but it feels like a big fail and I feel guilty. 5 years ago I could have kept them...5 years in the future I could keep them but right now we are not the right family for them.

Daisy is cuddled up on my lap now totally unaware - I hope I find them a good home. :(

Its a very selfless thing to let them go. You are putting their needs first so you shouldn't feel guilty for that. ((HUGS))

Ah that must be such a difficult thing to do :( Try not to blame yourself, sometimes these things just can't be helped :( The important thing is you are doing the best thing for both your family and the buns xxx

Back