• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bojanglesisms

moonturtle

Warren Scout
OK, I feel like I should share some of Bojangles quirks to see if she is a normal bunny. She insists on peeing by the front door almost every morning (even though her litter box is right there and it is always in the same corner. She is very loving and likes to be snuggled on her terms (I know this is typical bunny.) She will only run and play on the bed though. She will toss some of her toys around and chew on her boxes, but other than that she is not very active. She has a very healthy appetite though and loves her kale, carrots, apples, strawberries, and broccoli. She likes to spelunk under the blankets and likes to have her bum "tickled." She bunny flops more than she binkies. She is protective of me and will frequently pee on or bite my boyfriend if he gets too close to me. She loves to lick my forehead and gently pull my hair (I know this is her "grooming" me.) Is she a normal rabbit in her own way? I am always so worried that she is not healthy. Her vet keeps telling me she is. but I am a worrier. She is very important to me. Although I love living here and although I do have friends here, I get very lonely at times. She is my constant companion and she makes me feel better.

She sounds like pompom she never really did anything and I'm starting to think she was really sick all along. But yours could be just a lazy bun, she's alone a lot isn't she? That can impact it,also I really wouldn't trust any vet from this side of the world, it's all about money to them.

Her vet is actually really good. They have always been honest with me about stuff and they humor me a lot of times. I may be going home in March and I will definitely be having an American vet look at her.

Her vet is actually really good. They have always been honest with me about stuff and they humor me a lot of times. I may be going home in March and I will definitely be having an American vet look at her.

A flight with a bunny especially one that long :shock: no vet would advise that and if they did it would prove my point that they're no good :shock: a flight is an incredibly stressful situation for any animal let alone a bunny. A flight will probably cause statis and you could lose her :shock: it wouldn't be worth the risk! This is the exact reason when I travel around regardless how long I'm in that place to never get a pet because it won't be permanent and it's heartbreaking saying goodbye to a beloved pet. I would never put a rabbit through the stress of a flight

A flight with a bunny especially one that long :shock: no vet would advise that and if they did it would prove my point that they're no good :shock: a flight is an incredibly stressful situation for any animal let alone a bunny. A flight will probably cause statis and you could lose her :shock: it wouldn't be worth the risk! This is the exact reason when I travel around regardless how long I'm in that place to never get a pet because it won't be permanent and it's heartbreaking saying goodbye to a beloved pet. I would never put a rabbit through the stress of a flight

http://rabbit.org/journal/2-12/to-fly-or-not-to-fly.html

I will be going home if my Mom has back surgery to help out. I will be in the States at least 3 months. Although I have had friends here offer to bunny sit, that is a long time. I am her third owner and I don't want her to think she is being abandoned again. I have talked to an awesome pet currier company and her vet is great at preparing animals for travel, they have a lot of foreign clients. But we will cross that bridge if we come to it.

Bojangles is pleased to meet someone with a similar name. I didn't name her and the person who did thought she was a boy. She seems to like her name though.

i'm not an expert but my bunnies taught me:
peeing by the door is marking territory - poo will go there too. my bunnies love to mark the areas near the doors.
peeing on your boyfriend is showing dominance, as is nipping. unless of course he is holding her and hasn't taken the hint to put her down so she can use the tray.

I thought the peeing by the door was marking her territory happybun; I just wanted to make sure she wasn't doing it to annoy me. :lol::lol:

Last night, she was throwing her food bowl around her cage around 4 am. I got up and let her out of her cage and she was very good until 6:30 when she got into some mischief. I am going to keep her out of her cage as long as I possibly can tonight and see what she does.

I know I freak out about her way too much and I apologize to all of you. I am a very paranoid person and I am so worried that I am going to mess up with her. She is everything to me. Although I have friends and a relationship here, it still gets very lonely. I have only a few friends here and I have a hard time making new friends (I am very shy.) And my boyfriend is a typical Korean man where work comes first so sometimes I don't see him for a while. She is everything to me. She is my best friend, she is my child, and she is my constant companion.

Back