• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Boarding. What Q's should I be asking?

i_am_tre

Warren Scout
Hi, Im boarding my rabbits and guinea pigs while I go to Longleat in September and I'm visiting potential boarding places. I know I need to ask questions and bits so I'm going to ask these ones:

Do you have insurance to cover Buns/Guins?
What happens if my Bun/Guin becomes ill while they are boarding?
Do you offer a notification service to let me know how my Bun/Guin is getting on?
What is the cost for each Bun/Guin?
What is your set up like?
What is your routine? Will you be needing to know what their current routine is?
What do you bed them on? Can we bring our own?
Can I bring my own food?
Do you feed them veg/hay etc? (I know this one's stupid but you never know!)
I will always wait to see if they tell me my bun needs vacs.

Have I missed anything? I've asked the insurance one bc I talked to a boarder earlier and they actually didn't have any insurance to cover them! And if it was cold, they shoved them in the Reception in a hutch where others can just gawp at them. No thanks.

Thanks to everyone who can help :)

I would ask what cleaning they do between each boarder and would be expecting the answer to be that they thoroughly disinfect everything.

I would also ask if they ever go out in a run on grass as grass is impossible to disinfect.

Hi
I maybe a little too far out for you, I'm in Solihull, West Midlands
www.binkyandsqueaks.co.uk

Rabbits and Guinea pigs insured, vacs required, 7ft hutches housed in a shed with wire mesh door, main shed door closed at night, outdoor runs on patio or EVA matting
(these mats are fantastic as they do not absorb any fluids and easy to disinfect)

Kind regards
Claire

I would ask what cleaning they do between each boarder and would be expecting the answer to be that they thoroughly disinfect everything.

I would also ask if they ever go out in a run on grass as grass is impossible to disinfect.

Thanks Elena. I think it's kind of bad that I have to ask questions that they should be doing as normal. But I want to know my rabbits are going somewhere safe.
There's this one place I looked at that has a webcam in each area so you can log in at any time and look at my animals. Neither of my choices so far has a camera that you can see in the area they're living in. But it would be cool :D

Hi
I maybe a little too far out for you, I'm in Solihull, West Midlands
www.binkyandsqueaks.co.uk

Rabbits and Guinea pigs insured, vacs required, 7ft hutches housed in a shed with wire mesh door, main shed door closed at night, outdoor runs on patio or EVA matting
(these mats are fantastic as they do not absorb any fluids and easy to disinfect)

Kind regards
Claire

Your place sounds amazing but I couldn't get any of the galleries to work :/ unfortunately though I think you might be a little far away. it would be brilliant though if you were closer.

Your place sounds amazing but I couldn't get any of the galleries to work :/ unfortunately though I think you might be a little far away. it would be brilliant though if you were closer.

Hi
I am still in the process of setting up and my bespoke hutches are arriving next week, I cant wait. The Binky Lodge (outdoor) accommodation is completed now. I am posting all my progress on my Facebook page too.
Claire x

well. i've just been and visited two boarders....
Boarder one, NEVER in a month of sundays will I board ANY of my animals there. 'We put some hay down because some rabbits like to eat hay' :shock: 'we dont ask for them to be vaccinated because they don't beed it as our rabbit accommodation isnt open facing' :shock::shock: they didnt even know about VHD... and there were no footdips around or anything... Nope, no thanks.

Boarder two are lovely. Answered all my questions with ease and they are so, so clean. it's lovely and quiet and they are fully away from the dogs and cats. They've got all their certificates and insurances and it's great. It's £22.50 a night for 2 buns and 2 guineas so works out at £90 for the stay. it's a little high. But its nice.

I'm going to look a little further a field now. but it cant really be too far.

Back