• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

deleted

Could you pass on some links and maybe ask her for some advice? Perhaps 'I want to do X with my set up, but obviously it still needs to be a minimum of Y, any ideas?'. It's tricky because obviously they need to change things but you don't want to be too confrontational. Good luck!

Could you offer to do the nails?
It's such a shame when people love a pet but are pretty clueless :(

I would, personally. My friend took on a rabbit who was going to be snake food! She was in a 2x1x1 hutch, tiny.. So they found a 4ft double, good head room so can periscope and she gets loads of hay. She also has a run but it's not huge, however her life now is a massive improvement! She does get a fair amount of carrot but only ever small bits every other day. When we went out I mentioned the sugar levels are high and it could stop her eating hay which in extension could cause tooth problems! She was a bit shocked and carrot is once a week now :lol:

I have quite a few spare toys and things my rabbits ignore so when we go out again I'm going to give her them, she knows I have a few presents for her :p so it's not like I'm going "you need this and this and these!" She saw my outdoor rabbits, the shed and the temp hutch (which is the hutch she has) and she loved the hay in the toilet roll tubes so I'm going to do a few of those ready for her too :) and a spare litter tray that will fit in the bed area so easier for her dad to clean out too.

When we went out I bought 2 bags of hay, one for mine and one for hers as it was on offer. Also gave her some hawthorn which the bunny loved! Again, I didn't push it on her, she got caught up in the bunny mood too! :lol:

Basically what I'm trying to say is, get some hay or spare toys you might have. Mention the fact that carrot is full of sugar so should either be a treat or not given at all. Healthier treats are herbs and forage, maybe you could buy some cheap ones and open them but say your buns didn't like them. (New foods need introducing slowly :p) Maybe mention that a puppy pen is a cheap way to offer loads of space that a bunny needs to live a healthy and happy life :) then the cage can be used as a litter tray. Don't know how you'd say that though!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/24-Octago...tchen_Steamers_Cookers_PP&hash=item1c1f6d075b

Back