• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

There are some despicable people out there. UD preloved have acted

foxy2279

Alpha Buck
There's a huge post on one of the facebook groups i''m on.

A man on there rescues free to a good home rabbits from the local groups. He gives them any medical care they need and time to recover and then rehomes them (sadly his funds are limited so he doesn't neuter). He does do a home check. Two weeks ago he rehomed two rabbits to what seemed the perfect home everything seemed right. He asked for a donation of £10 to cover costs.

The lady who took them is now selling the rabbits for £30 on facebook and preloved. He has asked for them back but she refused. It's all now come to light that she does this all the time. She takes free animals or low priced animals and sells them on for a profit :cry:. She's now asking on another page for a free kitten.

I can't believe someone could do something so heartless. The man is devastated he thought he'd found a good home for two unwanted rabbits and is now questioning the work he does.

Last edited:
this is common, we call them pet peddlars :(

We have one lady very active in our area who watches all the groups on Fb and the free ads, any animal being given away free or cheap with equipment she asks for. Goes to collect and says they are for her daughter. Within half an hour of collecting them the pets and their equipment are up for sale on FB at a huge profit. Very sad as she doesn't care where they go :cry:

Up date on this.

Preloved have removed the advert and she has been cautioned. She is going to have all her adds checked from now on. People power does work some times :D.

This is just awful, I'm glad Preloved have taken action. I really hope that those bunnies are lucky enough to find their forever home

Up date on this.

Preloved have removed the advert and she has been cautioned. She is going to have all her adds checked from now on. People power does work some times :D.

Well done for reporting her, what a nasty piece of work this woman is :evil:

If you spot someone doing that then report them to the local council. Whilst selling animals you have bred or selling a one off pet you own is legally okay, buying animals and selling them on requires a pet shop license even if you are doing it from your home not a 'shop'.

Doing it without a license is an offensive which caries a fine/prison sentence, although the council is more likely to say either pay for a license (requires inspections etc. too) or stop doing it initially.

Back