• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

bunny buddy neuterd advice please

Fluffie

Alpha Buck
Yesterday Bunny buddy 4 nearly 5 month old mini lop went to the vet to get neutered, he got home last night all doughy and sleepy he had a bit of veg and hay to eat and some water i was very worried about him.

Today hes nearly back to normal still abit quiet but he keeps having burst of energy and trying to run around and periscoping to look at me. I didn't lock him in his dog crate but i blocked up most of the room so he can recover with out being locked in but still not hurt himself, i also took out anything that he usually jumps on.

How long should i try keep him from running around and climbing things? i checked his bits today and they seem to be healing well, one has a bit of dried blood but the vet said that's normal when they called today i didn't get the chance to talk to them yesterday because i was quite sick so i couldn't ask them lots of questions like i wanted to and had to get my friends to pick him up.

I also signed him up for insurance today they just started doing it for rabbits in New Zealand and they gave me 10% of for the 2 rabbits.

Hello :)

Usually it's 3 days to a week for recovery. Females take longer than males.

I'm glad to hear your bunny is feeling better and recovering well from the operation x

he keeps trying to climb up the walls to see me im worried that he might pull his stitches if he keeps doing this :(

I kept Levi seperate from daisy for about a day and a half. And then I let them back together but only after monitoring them carefully to check there was not too much humping going on (there was none) he was absolutely fine and back to his old self the day after the op to be honest. The wounds were so small I could hardly see them and the vet had used stitches that are inside, so they just dissolved.

Back