• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

So nervous ....Today

Carolinew5

Warren Scout
I take my little ones to the vet :( one to be spayed and hopefully the boy to be castrated but still his testie hasn't come down so i will ask the vet to do the op any way if she will it will be a bit tougher on him but don't want to risk cancer in the years to come so better for him to do it while he is young ... .... im so on edge but there young and fit so im sure there be fine .. I have a week off work to care for them im so ready to put them together again they have been a part for 11 weeks now :(.... but are close touching noses running up and down the runs together between the bars ect hoping for a quick and happy bonding in the next couple of weeks ...

Buddy is 6 months 1 week old .. yes it wont come down been taking to vets every 3 weeks since he was old enough to have op she can just feel it but not enough so im hoping it will be easier today and they wont have to do more complicated op today ...

Buddy is 6 months 1 week old .. yes it wont come down been taking to vets every 3 weeks since he was old enough to have op she can just feel it but not enough so im hoping it will be easier today and they wont have to do more complicated op today ...

I'm not surprised you are worried then.
Hope all goes well.

They are there and vet said she can feel his testie better today and should be able to pop it out with out opening him up ... but if any problems will call me ... Have to wait now till 2pm for my babies feeling a bit lost ...

Sending loads of good luck vibes for today. The waiting is hard but try and find lots of things to distract you... My house somehow gets so clean when one of my fur babies goes into the vets....hmmm... Wonder why that is... :lol:

Hoping it all went well today.

My mum has a cat that had an undescended testicle and it made the op slightly more complicated (and more expensive!) but he was ok. Hope it's the same news for you :)

Thank-you for all of your kind thoughts both bunny's are doing great moved them to there hutch this morning they are very active and comfortable .. nibbling and drinking a little but vet said that was fine ... :)

Back