• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hyperactivity in rabbits. How sugar levels can affect them.

Mrs. Bunnykins

Wise Old Thumper
In many pet shops you can buy the sweet treats for small animals, dried bananas, dried mango etc................

Well a little bunny has come so stay with me who has been given these really bad treats.( Fenugreek crunchies, dried fruit leaves would be so much better!) The bunny has been neutered but is so feisty, aggressive and hyperactive. I'm sure his owners are frightened of him, and all the bunny really wants is to be loved.:(

Now I've taken it upon myself to see if I can help this bunny and also make his owners feel less afraid.

So, no naughty sweet treats have been had for five days, and I've been spending a lot of time trying to understand this bunny and him understand me.

So the equation so far is take away sweet treats, me being understanding of how the bunny is feeling and what he is trying to express.....= 80% improvement!!!!!!!

Hopefully when this bunny's owners come and collect him, they will continue with the healthy treats and forget about the sweet treats.....which cause behaviour problems and of course eventually dental problems.

This bunny is only a year old......................fingers crossed they will listen.

i hope so. the same methods sometimes work with children...well, perhaps not the fenugreek crunchies...:lol:

Back