• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sky is getting tired now. UD post 28/29

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
He's getting tired. He smells like an old rabbit (lack of grooming and also no hay- so he can't smell of hay). He's still active but he sleeps a lot and he sleeps easily. He also seeks me out for more comfort and company now.

There's no point to this other than not wanting to feel so alone with this.

Last edited:
He's 7 years, 10 months, and 22 days. :love: But with his cancer, he will unlikely get to 8. He may unlikely get to next week.

It is very hard to watch a much loved friend fade away and be powerless to change the inevitable outcome :cry: You have my empathy. Sky does look bright within himself in the photos, even if he is now very frail.

Oh bless him, he's so adorable :love: and he obviously loves you very much :love: just enjoy every minute with him; i hope you still have a good while together yet xxx

He's gorgeous.

I often start threads not really sure where I'm going with things but nice to get replies as we are all in the same boat. We'll all going to have to come to terms with losing our beloved furry friends. I hope when his time comes you can look back and see what a lovely, wonderful life you gave him.

It is very hard to watch a much loved friend fade away and be powerless to change the inevitable outcome :cry: You have my empathy. Sky does look bright within himself in the photos, even if he is now very frail.

You're right. In all of that.

But yes, Sky is absolutely full of personality. He's still running around. Exploring. Chasing my mum away. Nipping people in his territory. Dessimating the newspaper pile. Throwing pens around. Being possessive of me. He still jumps up and goes running if someone says 'Right'. He waits expectantly on my things or hanging off the chair, if I'm not here. He is everything that makes him Sky. :love:

His spine is boney. His eyes are weepy. He has a manky bit under his chin from before we susses how much of his Piriton he would have in his mouth before spitting it out (that I can't wash because he can't breathe if I try). He has various bald bits from different tests and stuff. Sore hocks. Arthritis. He can't breathe and sounds like a guinea pig.

But he is my boy. And I am his.

Sending vibes for Sky. He's obviously still looking after you for his daddy, I do find it so sweet how you are his bonded partner. He's a beautiful boy and you are lucky to have had each other, it sounds like he's still fighting so all you can do is fight for him, spoil him, love him and keep him out of trouble xxx

Awww bless him. However long he has left, they will be the best days he could have had.

That's the thing with furry friends: all you can do is give them the best life you can. In return, they will give you everything. It's so sad watching them fade but, when all said and done, your life will be better for having had him in it and his better for having had you.

Sending vibes for Sky. He's obviously still looking after you for his daddy, I do find it so sweet how you are his bonded partner. He's a beautiful boy and you are lucky to have had each other, it sounds like he's still fighting so all you can do is fight for him, spoil him, love him and keep him out of trouble xxx

:love:

Awww bless him. However long he has left, they will be the best days he could have had.

That's the thing with furry friends: all you can do is give them the best life you can. In return, they will give you everything. It's so sad watching them fade but, when all said and done, your life will be better for having had him in it and his better for having had you.

Hell yeh. I am alive because of him. Anyone who has ever benefitted from me since he was born/Flash died, owes that to him. He saved me.

Honestly, Sky hardly has any food there !! :lol: Now just pass him the TV remote as he needs to do the obligatory man (Buck!!) thing of channel hopping :thumb:

This really reminds me of how we felt and how Parsley was as he entered his last week - still himself, still avid for life and us, but increasingly tired and looking to us for re-assurance. Hopefully Sky has more than a week with you - but the re-assurace bit really rings bells.

Back