• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help! Advice needed!

LOUlou1986

Young Bun
Saw a mini lop for sale (pet shop said he was a lion head but he cnt be :-/) and he's £20 with a hutch and looks lonely so was wounding about bonding him with my lil ralph, would this work or wud they just get Nasty :-/ advice guys?

amuve5em.jpg

If they are both neutered, I can't see why they shouldn't get along, unless they have a massive clash in personality.

Definitely do not put them together if they are not both neutered as it is likely that will fight due to the hormones.

Not been done yet, do intend to get ralph done but can't for another three months, I could get this guy done now before but wouldn't make much difference as I would then have to send ralph away :-/

Not been done yet, do intend to get ralph done but can't for another three months, I could get this guy done now before but wouldn't make much difference as I would then have to send ralph away :-/

Is there no chance of keeping them separate until they are neutered? You could have them alongside each other, so that they get used to each other, just in separate runs. I've read in a lot of places that male buns should never be placed together uneutered.

He will come with his own hutch and I suppose they could meet through the bars and maybe in neutral grounds? ARGGHHHHH so unsure I so feel sorry for him :-(

He will come with his own hutch and I suppose they could meet through the bars and maybe in neutral grounds? ARGGHHHHH so unsure I so feel sorry for him :-(

If you could get a puppy pen or something like that for him for the time being, and his hutch, it would be better than what he has now. It's better than risking them hurting themselves.

Do you have enough space and exercise room to keep both buns separate until both neutered and hormones have died down? Do you have the time to spend with both buns every day?
What would happen if they wouldn't bond? Do you have space ongoing to keep them both? I'm guessing they are both boys? I've never tried it myself but I believe these can be harder to bond, even when neutered. And also obviously the money for food/vet bills for both.

Good luck with what you decide, he's a cutie :D

Is the hutch big enough for him? For £20 I highly doubt not, I would not take on a rabbit just because I feel sorry for it. You need appropriate accommodation and he's not old enough to be neutered anyway. I wouldn't do it personally

His hutch looks adequate tbh I think they just want rid of the poor mite :-( think I might need to pass and rescue a female poor lil thing :-(

Is the hutch big enough for him? For £20 I highly doubt not, I would not take on a rabbit just because I feel sorry for it. You need appropriate accommodation and he's not old enough to be neutered anyway. I wouldn't do it personally

I agree :thumb: I know it can be very difficult to say no, but sometimes it's the sensible thing to do :wave:

I will say though that in my experience females are the more difficult ones for bonding, not males. My boys are in love, but Pooka is a bossy little mare xD

It depends on the buns really, but I wouldn't attempt to bond 2 unneutered males. I currently have 2 female unspayed buns and I'm dreading when their hormones come in :lol:

Not two un-neutered males, but give me two neutered males over a boy/girl or two girls any day :p We all know girls are more fickle :lol:

Back