• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit health sticky?

RavenMoon

Mama Doe
I'm wondering with all the new stasis posts recently whether it would be worth having a sticky in Health called 'Has your rabbit stopped eating?' with instructions, what the vets should do, information etc. there seems to be a lot of stasis episodes at the moment, whether the weird weather has something to do with it I don't know.

Just an idea anyway, I'd be happy to write something up if wanted. Not saying there's any problem with people posting to ask though, I do sometimes wonder about people not being sure about posting to ask.

Ramble over!

I'm wondering with all the new stasis posts recently whether it would be worth having a sticky in Health called 'Has your rabbit stopped eating?' with instructions, what the vets should do, information etc. there seems to be a lot of stasis episodes at the moment, whether the weird weather has something to do with it I don't know.

Just an idea anyway, I'd be happy to write something up if wanted. Not saying there's any problem with people posting to ask though, I do sometimes wonder about people not being sure about posting to ask.

Ramble over!

I don't know about this one, people might just try and treat the bunny themselves instead of taking it straight to the vet, which really is a must if bunny isn't eating :wave:

I don't know about this one, people might just try and treat the bunny themselves instead of taking it straight to the vet, which really is a must if bunny isn't eating :wave:

I don't mean a treatment thread :) I'm more thinking is rabbit pooping, peeing, have you tried offering favourite foods and they have been rejected? Requires immediate vet visit to check for blockage, get pain relief etc. Plus why this is necessary, plus pointing out not to force feed because in the case of a blockage it could be more risky.

Back