• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pipkin has died under anaesthetic

Loosy

Warren Veteran
He went for another dental. He wasn't even showing any symptoms but the vet had checked his teeth and noticed some more spurs so I wanted to get it sorted before it caused any problems.
I feel so awful, I wish I'd put it off just a bit longer because he was doing so well.
I still need to pick Ruby up from the vets. I feel awful :cry::cry::cry:

Aw I'm so sorry :cry: please don't blame yourself you did the right thing for your rabbit, you couldn't have left him much longer with spurs. I truly am sorry to hear this, sending you hugs xx

I am so, so sorry :cry: what a horrible shock. I hope Ruby will be ok, lots of hugs xxx

Binky free Pipkin xxx

I'm really sorry. I can empathise with the shock and distress as it happened to Shadow last year.

Hugs to you. you did what you thought was right for Pipkin.

I wasn't even that worried about it because he's had so many dentals before. He was absolutely fine this morning. I was watching him polish off a whole cabbage leaf.

I'm so sorry. :cry: you couldn't have made any other decision, it would have needed doing and it doesn't make sense to wait until its hurting him if you can avoid it.

Binky free Pipkin xxx

I am so sorry you lost Pipkin. :cry::cry::cry: Don't blame yourself I would definately gone ahead with the dental, before it got worse and caused more pain. Its very tragic he passed under the GA.:cry:

I am so sorry to hear this. Please don't blame yourself or your vet. Sadly it is a risk to every animal who goes under. You were doing the right thing for him. Hugs to you.

Ruby is home. She's not a cuddle bun but I've offered her some treats (fenugreek crunchies) which she's ignoring for now. I hope she'll be ok :cry: I want to find a friend for her fairly quickly but I don't know where to start.

Oh no I'm so, so sorry. I can imagine how devastated you must be. Please don't blame yourself.

Back