• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does your bun sulk or act up?

cm85

Warren Scout
This is just out of curiosity!
Pudding will sulk or play up, like a toddler does. Today has been a classic example. Hubby has gone back to work after being off for ten days or so. I've been off since the start of August, so Pud has had both of us for the last week and a bit. I KNEW he'd sulk today. So far today he has:

Shoved at my ankles repeatedly to demand extra nose rubs.
Climbed up on the sofa and shoved even more, before snuggling up.
Refused to come out of the spare room, which isn't bunny proofed, until led out with a fenugreek crunchy.
Is clearly looking for hubby - hopping up and down where he usually sits, sitting where *I* usually sit and glaring at me.
I dared to go for a shower. Returned to find a chunk of foam torn off under a chair, and a chunk of wallpaper removed :shock: I walked over to him, where he was sat by the wallpaper, trying to look innocent and he ignored me. I bent down and he lunged, then tried to look innocent again. I ended up being backed into a corner, wearing a towel, with a bunny that was poised to lunge at my feet every time I tried to move. I had to resolve the situation by scooping him up, baby talking to him and letting him snuggle in my lap until he decided he'd had enough love.

So, do your buns do this? He's usually the sweetest, cuddliest little ball of fluff. We get mild sulking on a Monday evening, because he's had us all weekend, but that generally consists of some feet flicking and back turning until we've both got down on the floor to give him nose rubs. The rest of the time he's fine :lol:

This is just out of curiosity!
Pudding will sulk or play up, like a toddler does. Today has been a classic example. Hubby has gone back to work after being off for ten days or so. I've been off since the start of August, so Pud has had both of us for the last week and a bit. I KNEW he'd sulk today. So far today he has:

Shoved at my ankles repeatedly to demand extra nose rubs.
Climbed up on the sofa and shoved even more, before snuggling up.
Refused to come out of the spare room, which isn't bunny proofed, until led out with a fenugreek crunchy.
Is clearly looking for hubby - hopping up and down where he usually sits, sitting where *I* usually sit and glaring at me.
I dared to go for a shower. Returned to find a chunk of foam torn off under a chair, and a chunk of wallpaper removed :shock: I walked over to him, where he was sat by the wallpaper, trying to look innocent and he ignored me. I bent down and he lunged, then tried to look innocent again. I ended up being backed into a corner, wearing a towel, with a bunny that was poised to lunge at my feet every time I tried to move. I had to resolve the situation by scooping him up, baby talking to him and letting him snuggle in my lap until he decided he'd had enough love.

So, do your buns do this? He's usually the sweetest, cuddliest little ball of fluff. We get mild sulking on a Monday evening, because he's had us all weekend, but that generally consists of some feet flicking and back turning until we've both got down on the floor to give him nose rubs. The rest of the time he's fine :lol:

:shock::love:

When Lola gets into trouble she flicks her feet at us!
She one day was n such a bad mood she ignored us even when we had food for her. :love:

Yes, I had a bun like this especially when he was young until 18months.
He'd have temper tantrums, was very jealous of the phone if I answered during his playtime, devious, the lot but never ever bore a grudge. He even got naughty when he was tired, but didn't want to stop play!
I'd say exactly like a toddler! :lol:
There was a very positive side to it. He was so interactive that by watching him, & trying to respond, we got an amazing communication system going. (He'd mime what he wanted to "say".) My problem was that I was totally unprepared for the complexity of his communication.
An early example translates "I want to PLAY with you in the louge -open the door please."

Benjie has just done a major temper tantrum after the vets -digs in his carrier, turns his back to me, & when we got home flicks his feet at me, & runs upstairs under the bed. My response is to give him a couple of mins to cool down then tickle his tail so he turns. Then he gets nose rubs & all's OK.
(He's allowed to be cross after the vets!)

Oh we get the over tired thing too! At about 12:45pm and 10:45pm, if he's been playing too much he'll nibble furniture. We have to create a calmer atmosphere so that he'll nap. :lol:

It sounds to me that you've got a very special bunny, who's very attached to you both.
Management is a bit different from a toddler, but I think we all find our own ways to get round it. I liked the way you gave him a snuggle very much.
They settle down into a routine, & accept disturbed routines a bit better when they get older.;)

We definitely have a great bond with him, we're very lucky. He's just had his first birthday, so maybe he'll mature a bit. I don't mind though, I'm just glad that we've got such a happy, affectionate little bunny!

My Bridge bun Thumpa would get proper moody if we had been to the vets or she had been away at our borders.

When I got her home and let her out she would run off then turn back and put her head on one side and look at me with one eye then give 3 or 4 big thumps and turn her back on me.

Could usually win her round with a couple of treats, but she would definitely let me know she was not happy with me.

I would also get the cold shoulder treatment If I had been away and left my partner Carolyn to look after her for a few days, she would make a point of getting my attention and then go and sit with Carolyn just giving me the eyeball every now and again.

She hated things being moved around so if things were not in their usual place she would run around them grunting at them and would try to push things back to where they belonged.

I always said that other people had Bunny Rabbits and we had a Funny Rabbit.

Never thought Rabbits could be so interactive until Thumpa came along.

She is very much missed by us all, especially by Malcolm "the white one"

Paul

Thumpa sounds hilarious! She obviously had you exactly where she wanted you :D
Pudding also gets annoyed if things are in the 'wrong' place. If I ever need him to hop back in his crate I just climb in and move one of his toys. He'll strop over and move it back :lol:

Back